Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the Z's are clocking for 1/4 miles?

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I read I believe it was in Road&Track like 14.3 I also read this thread on another message board when looking for articles on the new Maxima, which BTW is suppose to be FAST as Hell, about this guy racing a new 350Z and he has an Altima 3.5 SE. He said they were DEAD even from 0-90. From what I have read from multiple sources people are saying its not as fast as originally thought...

03' G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought a Z would do better then 14.3. And yes, the 3.5 Altima's are fast as hell! I've read of the possibility of mis-stated HP... wonder if there could be some truth to that?

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I'm not sure about the mis-stated HP for the Altima's but I have heard alot about the Z's being slower than expected.

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Let me make sure I understand this statement buzz...your telling me that someone busted a 13.9 in one of the new Altima SE's? HOLY CRAP...I just don't believe it till I see a time slip...hehe! Hard to believe they would make that thing faster than the G35 sedan...if so Im pissed! [:(!]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Oh ok that makes more sense now. Yeah I would think the 350Z should be able to "accomplish" a 13.9-14.0 given its HP/Torque and a good driver...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Please post times you run Easy...I am dying for someone to run theirs and see what times they are getting...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i will be taking my car to the track on wed i san antonio. there is a guy on my350z that ran his 6MT coupe and got a 14.1[bigeyes][bowdown]. i will be happy if i can get a 14.5. but of course im looking for the high 13s[:D]

Doc

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
DrRick, are you taking it to Rivercity Raceway? I assume you will be going Friday...damn wish I could go...but too far from me as I am in Houston. I use to have a 98GT stang and modded the hell out of it and took it to RiverCity quite frequently. It's a really nice track...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would think that a 280hp car at 3300lbs can pull off 13s at 100-102mph. And one that is a little lighter and has 7 more HP (lol) will be in the 101-103 category.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You have to remember that you aren't putting 280, or even close to that down at the wheels. My car dynoed at 292, weighs probably 4,000 lbs, and I'm running a 13.6 at best. G35's are probably only getting around 230 or so to the wheels.

1998 Trans Am Convertible
1 of 21 Red-Orange Metallic Verts
13.6 @ 103

·
Registered
94 Posts
dont know if i ever posted my results (im almost positive that i did) but my best was 14.4 at 99. the Zs that i went with got a best of 14 flat at like 101. there was a tremendous amount of wheel hop and im not the best at launching a stick. actually it was my 1st time ever. im going back when the weather drops below 150 and see what times will be........

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Dr, where do you go to do tests like this? Do you have access to actual equipment, or are you just using a stopwatch?

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice | Pictures

·
Registered
94 Posts
dragstrip. only accurate way to test these things. i went to river city raceway outside of San Antonio........

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
23 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Purdone

You have to remember that you aren't putting 280, or even close to that down at the wheels. My car dynoed at 292, weighs probably 4,000 lbs, and I'm running a 13.6 at best. G35's are probably only getting around 230 or so to the wheels.

1998 Trans Am Convertible
1 of 21 Red-Orange Metallic Verts
13.6 @ 103
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Understood, but you are still missing the point... Take the Ford Mustang GT for example, while it is not the best car to compare, the price difference makes it worthy of noting. It traps 98-100MPH in the quarter mile with 260BHP and more weight. The Bullit traps 101-102MPH as well with 280HP and more weight. I was hoping the Z will be faster than that....

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Kponti, you always have to remember that gearing and torque come into play.... and traps and E/T's don't always match up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts