Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want the G35 coupe, but it looks like I can't get one until the end of this year. Do you guys think there will be used G's for lower prices by then (if so around how much)? Or buying new will be "much better". I have no problem driving used cars... I'm only 19... no complaints.

I figured, if I get the used G for a lower price, then I could spend the extra cash to get body kits and modify the car to my liking... (not that it's not already good enough)... I'm not going to rice it up so don't worry [:D]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
When I was looking for mine (about 4 months ago), I saw only a few listings for used G35 coupes. And most of them were still listed at MSRP, and in some cases even more! I'm not sure if the demand has died down a little since then though.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
27 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

When I was looking for mine (about 4 months ago), I saw only a few listings for used G35 coupes. And most of them were still listed at MSRP, and in some cases even more!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I see the same thing in AutoTrader. Seems the only people selling their G's are the ones who bought way early on when some dealers were getting away with selling above MSRP, and maybe they didn't put much of a down payment down. They all want around 38k!

My advice is that since you have to wait, buy the 2004. That way, you can get that rad Twilight Blue color, the bugs will be ironed out, and you'll have a better resale value when you sell or trade in, since it won't have the stigma of being the first year car. If you do go for a used car, make sure you get as close to 5k off MSRP as you can, since any car driven off the lot immediately loses about 5k of its value.

Hope that helps!

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

·
Registered
77 Posts
Maynard, I think you're very wise. Naturally, you'd love to have a new car and I'd almost always recommend that (why get someone else's problems or lack of car care?).

But, under the circumstances, if you're gonna wait until the end of the calendar year and you may not have all the coin in the world, I'd consider a used one, coupe or sedan.

By then, the sedan will have been out for almost two full calendar years and the coupe will have been out for over 12 months. That should put some more of them on the market and maybe not that inflated in prices. After all, there are owners I'm sure, who always like the newest and best-est and there's bound to be something out by December that'll take their eye off their G.[:D]

I just read in another forum that, contrary to what was thought, Infiniti produced over 5,000 coupes in 2002, and has sold an additional (over) 15,000 coupes so far this year (all 20,000+ are '03 models). That means by the end of the model run and delivery of all coupes, there could be as many as say, 23,000 coupes sold.

Their supposedly original plan was to sell 12,000 in the first year. Not bad, eh? Not so good for us original buyers who paid list, but maybe good for you later in the year. So, keep up the faith and take heart.

Oh yes, welcome in advance to the G Owner's Club!

·
Registered
550 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by BONDg35c

Maynard, I think you're very wise. Naturally, you'd love to have a new car and I'd almost always recommend that (why get someone else's problems or lack of car care?).

But, under the circumstances, if you're gonna wait until the end of the calendar year and you may not have all the coin in the world, I'd consider a used one, coupe or sedan.

By then, the sedan will have been out for almost two full calendar years and the coupe will have been out for over 12 months. That should put some more of them on the market and maybe not that inflated in prices. After all, there are owners I'm sure, who always like the newest and best-est and there's bound to be something out by December that'll take their eye off their G.[:D]

I just read in another forum that, contrary to what was thought, Infiniti produced over 5,000 coupes in 2002, and has sold an additional (over) 15,000 coupes so far this year (all 20,000+ are '03 models). That means by the end of the model run and delivery of all coupes, there could be as many as say, 23,000 coupes sold.

Their supposedly original plan was to sell 12,000 in the first year. Not bad, eh? Not so good for us original buyers who paid list, but maybe good for you later in the year. So, keep up the faith and take heart.

Hello Mr. Bond,

I read on the Nissan News Website that they have sold about 7500 Coupes so far since Jan..Could this be the accurate figure?

Finally !! | 2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
77 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by craigdred

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by BONDg35c

Hello Mr. Bond,

I read on the Nissan News Website that they have sold about 7500 Coupes so far since Jan..Could this be the accurate figure?

Finally !! | 2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

Could be, could be. Thank you [bowdown] for your pleasant response (in contrast to calling me a dumb-sh_t, or some such). And to respond to your reasoned question, what I can say is that on Freshalloy.com yesterday, I saw the following and attach it below:

"Blug35c
Nissan Master Addict

Reged: 08/13/02
Loc: Hornets Nest
15946 Coupes sold
#67422565 - 06/03/03 05:58 PM Edit Reply Quote

Well according to NNA 5185 coupes sold in 2002 and through May 2003 15946 coupes have been sold.

--------------------
G35C CB 6M/T,Prem,Nav,Aero "
I took that to mean that you add the two figures, but it could be a total number for the entire model year, 2003. However, my original info on the production run was that it was supposed to be about 12,000 units (coupes a/t and m/t) and that it was upped to 15-16,000. Considering the backlog and considering that they've (the HQ) seen this pent up demand for over eight months, it wouldn't surprise me that the numbers are up over 15-16,000 units.

In any event, if the 15,946 number is correct and we use only that number, I'd venture to guess that by the end of the model run for '03 there could very well be in excess of 17,000 coupes sold (or more) and delivered.

I do hope that I wasn't passing along ignorance, but it seemed reasonable to me altho I must admit I didn't check out NNA personally.[:D]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts