Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post! I stumbled upon this site last night when doing a search for G35 information on a whim. I had planned to purchase 2004 Maxima and suddenly decided to check out the G35. I actually had a price worked out($1500 over invoice)and had the a Silver Maxima on hold for Saturday purchase. I did an AutoAdvantage price quote request for the G35, told the dealer his competition and was told I could be in a base G35 Sedan for the same price.

Here's where it gets interesting [boink]. The car will be primarily my wifes. She started by telling the sales guy she want a light color, with the Willow interior in an automatic off course. I at least could dictate the sport and aero package and preferred equipment package.(so much for a base model!!) We took a platnum car for a test drive, then eyed a red one with the light leather but it was the non sport model. They had a red one with sport and aero but only with a black interior so the debate was on. The sales manager tried to convience us that the dark interior equated more with a sport edition then the lighter colored leather. I needed no conviencing but the car was for her. I already have two toys sitting in my garage. He showed her a Black on Black with Aero and the Sport package. She was hooked and we bought it, one thing more......IT WAS A 6 SPEED MANUAL [angel]described by the salesguy as "more fun". If I had said that , she would have ignored it. So we went from buying a auto Maxima, to a "light colored auto G35" to a Black on Black 6 Speed in less the 24 hours. And at this point I really know little about the car so happy [clapper]to find this board. I pick the car up on Monday.

Best of all the "internet price" was only $300 over invoice , which I expected the dealer would take off the table when I switched from the automatic (60 in stock) to the MT (3 in stock) but he did not.[werd] I highly recommend the dealer Flemington Infiniti in NJ.

Joe
G35 6 Speed
GS 455 4 Speed
GN SFI Turbo

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Congrats and welcome. This must be a sedan though, right? I can't imagine anyone doing $300 over invoice for a coupe.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ken,

Yes it's a sedan. After going for the black on black 6MT with aero package, if my wife also asked for the coupe, I would have suspected her body was taken over by aliens [alien]

Joe
G35 6 Speed
GS 455 4 Speed
GN SFI Turbo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts