Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stop at the light of 137th avenue and Kendall drive (The same one I raced the Camaro! A huge coincidence), and a burgundy 6MT 350Z (I heard him cycling through the gears) pulls next to me and revs his motor. I immediately put the shift selector to manumatic when all of a sudden; the light turns green before I can even remember what VDC is. We simultaneously punch it. Holding every gear until about 6,750rpm, I manage to stay a fender ahead of the 350Z, while still being able to notice the driver's look of desperation in facing the imminent challenge of a 4-door beast of similar nature make gains further and further away from his cockpit. By the time I clicked 4th gear in place, I was nearly an entire 3/4 of a car ahead of him. As 4th gear made it’s way to 5 grandish range, the upset Z driver let off his just revved out VQ (I could hear the engine top out each gear as his exhaust was louder than mine), and turned right on the next light, in the face of defeat. I know the G35S is lighter than the G35C, but I don’t know about the 350Z. It is probably the only factor that I can imagine since the driver was seriously topping each gear and popping the clutch to get that kick that darts your car forward. Gentlemen, I shit you not, but even if I had lost this race, I would have no shame in saying so. However, I am proud to say I have burned a Nissan 350Z. Lead, your G-Tech numbers may no be so far off after all. Happy and safe racing guys.

Xzel

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Nice kill!

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why stick drivers should spend some time in an empty lot.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I was considering selling my sedan to my friends mom or on ebay in order to get the SC of similar trim, but I am now in doubt once again, and indecisive. I did get a free aero kit with my purchase, so I don't know if to pass up on such a good deal or not... the AK sedan is a 4-door coupe after all, but we'll see.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
61 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

I stop at the light of 137th avenue and Kendall drive (The same one I raced the Camaro! A huge coincidence), and a burgundy 6MT 350Z (I heard him cycling through the gears) pulls next to me and revs his motor. I immediately put the shift selector to manumatic when all of a sudden; the light turns green before I can even remember what VDC is. We simultaneously punch it. Holding every gear until about 6,750rpm, I manage to stay a fender ahead of the 350Z, while still being able to notice the driver's look of desperation in facing the imminent challenge of a 4-door beast of similar nature make gains further and further away from his cockpit. By the time I clicked 4th gear in place, I was nearly an entire 3/4 of a car ahead of him. As 4th gear made it’s way to 5 grandish range, the upset Z driver let off his just revved out VQ (I could hear the engine top out each gear as his exhaust was louder than mine), and turned right on the next light, in the face of defeat. I know the G35S is lighter than the G35C, but I don’t know about the 350Z. It is probably the only factor that I can imagine since the driver was seriously topping each gear and popping the clutch to get that kick that darts your car forward. Gentlemen, I shit you not, but even if I had lost this race, I would have no shame in saying so. However, I am proud to say I have burned a Nissan 350Z. Lead, your G-Tech numbers may no be so far off after all. Happy and safe racing guys.

Xzel

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[bs]

G35 Coupe/6MT/Black/Graphite/Aero

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G35Woman[bs]

A little late there Renee... been browsing freshalloy huh?

XL

·
Registered
61 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G35Woman[bs]

A little late there Renee... been browsing freshalloy huh?

XL

yep...[angel]

G35 Coupe/6MT/Black/Graphite/Aero

1 - 8 of 8 Posts