Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[:D]Just have to tell you guys about this---Sat night we were cruising in my buddy's car--1998 3000Gt vr4 turbo--red with chrome--its sharp. Anyway we were messing with the local rice boys, when we came up on a silver 2001-2002 Trans am ram air convertible--beautiful and it looked like it had the slp package too--all around nice car-- hoping for some action we tried to mess with him at 3 different lights before he pulled into a parking lot. Since we didn't know the guys, we pulled in to talk to them. First of all we complimented his car, and he just acted like a royal dick. My buddy was like hey haven't seen u or your car around here lately-- did u just move here or just by that car? The dummy proceeded to tell us that that wasn't his car it was his aunt's car-- He then proudly stated he drives a civic -- its white, and has intake, exhuast, a black body kit since he is getting ready to paint the whole car, and chrome rims-- he said we had probably seen him around before--proud as he could be!!!!
We pulled out laughing so hard we couldn't breathe. Who wouldn't claim the T/A--it was awesome--not like he drove a ferrari-- I drive a civic!!!!!!--GET A LIFE YOU FU---- RICER Since when have civics been cooler than fast v8 convertibles[loser][loser][loser][thmsdn]

CMEGOBYU
G35s Pearl,Sport,Aero

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Oh no, I see it coming. XZ, Chaz, VQ, Semi, you all know what I'm talking about, don't you?

[boxing]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what u talkin bou willis?[dunce]

CMEGOBYU
03.5 G35s Pearl,Sprt,Aero

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Don't worry, you'll find out soon enough.

[timebomb]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
hahaha he is referring to a Civic poster we have on here...let the games begin...[boxing] Keep it clean boys and no jabs below the belt...*DING* *DING* *DING* [:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I know what chu talking bout Lead (willis lol). Any minute before JAC barges in here wondering WTH. [lol]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh--that dude--i've seen him trying to defend that rice rocket. Good luck--its funny how you can hear them from 2 miles away with that asshole muffler, but it takes them 10 mins to catch u when you r going the speed limit. Every time i race a ricer i slow down at 50 cause i have 2-3 car lengths--then they pull an asshole flyby, and say they got me on the top end???[banghead][banghead][censored]

CMEGOBYU

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by CMEGOBYU

oh--that dude--i've seen him trying to defend that rice rocket. Good luck--its funny how you can hear them from 2 miles away with that asshole muffler, but it takes them 10 mins to catch u when you r going the speed limit. Every time i race a ricer i slow down at 50 cause i have 2-3 car lengths--then they pull an asshole flyby, and say they got me on the top end???[banghead][banghead][censored]

CMEGOBYU
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[bigeyes]

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
85 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> The dummy proceeded to tell us that that wasn't his car it was his aunt's car-- He then proudly stated he drives a civic -- its white, and has intake, exhuast, a black body kit since he is getting ready to paint the whole car, and chrome rims-- he said we had probably seen him around before--proud as he could be!!!!
We pulled out laughing so hard we couldn't breathe. Who wouldn't claim the T/A--it was awesome--not like he drove a ferrari-- I drive a civic!!!!!!--GET A LIFE YOU FU---- RICER Since when have civics been cooler than fast v8 convertibles[loser][loser][loser][thmsdn]

you know, its funny how everyone always punks civic drivers for trying to make something out of their car.[banghead] what most dont tend to consider is that the guy modding his civic doesnt have too much money for anything else, and hes just trying to have the satisfaction of building his own street car. plus there are too many rice morons out there who are too willing to proclaim that their DX with an intake and exhaust and bling-bling wheels is the best thing on the road. this guy with the civic youre talking about seems to be one of them, but he doesnt deserve to be laughed at. now the guys who put "Powered by VTEC" on their neons and tauruses are the guys who deserve it. but this guy is only trying to make something out of the only car he can afford most likely, and get noticed.

ill tell you something man, for about 20 grand i can build myself a civic that could hand you your nuts any day of the week that ends in -day. no question. i dont care if you drive a fukkin WS6 Trans Am or G35SC(no offense anyone).

so you say yours looks better? fine then, you can look all nice and pretty sitting in my cloud of dust.[:D]

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint...cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

·
Registered
85 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by CMEGOBYU

oh--that dude--i've seen him trying to defend that rice rocket. Good luck--its funny how you can hear them from 2 miles away with that asshole muffler, but it takes them 10 mins to catch u when you r going the speed limit.

o i hope to god for your sake that you werent referring to me.[rage] that statement there just proved to me that you are an idiot and an a$$hole who doesnt deserve whatever kind of nice car you drive.[thmsdn]

have a nice day[loser]

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint...cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
JAC,

Just remember, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.

Don't let him get to you.

[boxing]

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A civic that can hand me my ass for 20 large huh--the base price for an si is 19,900 plus destination, and that is 7.6 sec to 60 according to r&t, and comes with 15 inch wheels. So after we throw on some Chrome 17 or 18's with tires, a lowering kit, exhuast, intake, headers and the like we are up to around 25 or 26k, and still haven't even gone above 200hp. I guess we can do a vtec controller, and a jackson racing supercharger, or a greddy turbocharger kit. That will get us going pretty fast for up around 29-30k now--oops!!! the clutch just broke time for an upgrade--another 500 bones. Now that the car is so fast--we are going to need a foot tall aluminum wing-- putting us at 30-31k-- now we need a cool body kit 1k plus 3 cans of black primer--or we could do it right and paint it for an extra 500
that leaves us with a grand total of somewhere between 30-32k for a new honda that can out accelerate a g35 and most other mid luxury cars, and looks a bit better too--good job--you saved around 5 grand
over the G congrats are in order unless i'm forgetting something----- like the fact that u don't have a warranty after all of those mods, and my car has 54k left on the warranty, leather seats, still gets looks at traffic lights, and i can take my clients to lunch in it and still be looked at as a professional.. Oh yea, if i wreck it, it is all taken care of-- unlike the ricer with 10k in high interest credit cards left from all of the mods on his car that aren't covered by his insurance.[:D][:D][:D][finger]

CMEGOBYU

·
Registered
85 Posts

A civic that can hand me my ass for 20 large huh--the base price for an si is 19,900 plus destination, and that is 7.6 sec to 60 according to r&t, and comes with 15 inch wheels. So after we throw on some Chrome 17 or 18's with tires, a lowering kit, exhuast, intake, headers and the like we are up to around 25 or 26k, and still haven't even gone above 200hp. I guess we can do a vtec controller, and a jackson racing supercharger, or a greddy turbocharger kit. That will get us going pretty fast for up around 29-30k now--oops!!! the clutch just broke time for an upgrade--another 500 bones. Now that the car is so fast--we are going to need a foot tall aluminum wing-- putting us at 30-31k-- now we need a cool body kit 1k plus 3 cans of black primer--or we could do it right and paint it for an extra 500
that leaves us with a grand total of somewhere between 30-32k for a new honda that can out accelerate a g35 and most other mid luxury cars, and looks a bit better too--good job--you saved around 5 grand
over the G congrats are in order unless i'm forgetting something----- like the fact that u don't have a warranty after all of those mods, and my car has 54k left on the warranty, leather seats, still gets looks at traffic lights, and i can take my clients to lunch in it and still be looked at as a professional.. Oh yea, if i wreck it, it is all taken care of-- unlike the ricer with 10k in high interest credit cards left from all of the mods on his car that aren't covered by his insurance.[:D][:D][:D][finger]

ahhhh, so youve done some homework......i like an intelligent challenge[:D].

ok, pretty much all of what you said is true BUT.....you based your prices on a brand new 02+ Si, which are AS powerful but heavier than the 99-00 Si's, which perform better stock and whose engines have more potential.

i was thinking more along the lines of a used one owner 99 Si with low miles for the starter, which you can pick up for around 12k nowadays.

ok so 12k for the start, that leaves me with 8 grand for mods.[:D]

first up, better suspension:

coilovers, shocks, and camber kit= 1000
forged 16" wheels and tires= 1500

total so far: $2500

now the go fast parts:

intake, header, and exhaust= 1200
clutch, flywheel, and pressure plate= 1000
vortech supercharger(includes upgraded fuel pump)= 3000

total for go fast= 5200

grand total for parts= 7700
parts plus price of car= 19700

congratulations, we now have a civic that will run consecutive low 13 sec passes for almost 15 thousand dollars less than a new SC, and thanks to the suspension mods, one that will run circles around it.

and who cares that the Civic doesnt have a warranty after that, hondas are pretty much bullet proof if you build them right. and as long as you have your insurance adjusted to cover the mods, youre good as far as wrecking it goes. and even if you do wreck it without the parts being covered, you will still be able to salvage what you can off of the wreck and apply it to the civic you replace it with.

and all that exterior mod bullcrap can suck it as far as im concerned.[:p]

oh and we can spend the extra 300 bucks to get the interior turned to leather.[;)]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<font color="red"><font face="Times New Roman">Round 3...FIGHT!</font id="Times New Roman"></font id="red">

XL

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have to give u props if u are only going to wheels, susp, and go fast stuff, but i have only seen like (been next to at a light) 3 or so fast civics that looked good or close to stock--most of them are slow, and have 1/2 finished stuff all over them--whats up with those fender with the z-3 like fins in them? A real fast stock looking civic would be a true sleeper in my little village of charlotte[clapper]

CMEGOBYU

·
Registered
85 Posts

I have to give u props if u are only going to wheels, susp, and go fast stuff, but i have only seen like (been next to at a light) 3 or so fast civics that looked good or close to stock--most of them are slow, and have 1/2 finished stuff all over them--whats up with those fender with the z-3 like fins in them? A real fast stock looking civic would be a true sleeper in my little village of charlotte[clapper]

CMEGOBYU

yeah theres a real problem with a lot of civic modders who buy the body stuff before they have the resources to complete them. and about the z-3 fenders.....lol.....they became all the rage when some monkey discovered that an actual fender from a z3 replaces a civic fender with very minor work, and it just went from there.

and yeah about most true honda and civic enthusiasts, you rarely notice them on the road, because they dont pay attention to all that flashy stuff that can be stuck on the car, they keep it plain and simple, although at the same time, a lot of them like to have something slightly original, just so their civic kinda stands out, but not too much(like myself, eventually).

·
Registered
85 Posts
this is what im talking about: check out the link and click on featured members ride(the part that says 'more>>') and youll see what i mean.[cheers]

http://www.clubsi.com/home.shtml

btw, you can click on the pics to enlarge[;)]

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[bowdown][jaw]i have a feeling that there is more than 20k invested in that car----hey i read about your car on that other post--don't know what u can afford as payments, but i put 7k down on mine with 60 month note, and my pmt is 550 a month

CMEGOBYU

·
Registered
33 Posts
without rear wheel/all wheel drive, a car is no fun

no amount of cash is gonna let me do donuts in a civic

- a former civic owner

G35 6mt
blue/graphite
everything but nav. - cause men don't need directions from anything

1 - 20 of 40 Posts