Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to install a wood dash kit themselves? I've seen quite a few online in the $300 range and would really like one, but I'm hesitant to install it myself.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey in that wood dash kit there is one pic that looks like it has a aftermarket head unit to it!!!take a look may be there is a dash kit for aftermarket headunit sold in japan?!

·
Registered
15 Posts
here is that pic....
...u can see that the head unit back there is an aftermarket one....!?![phatyo]so we can install aftermarket head unit easily...

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
This is one of the nicer wood kits I've seen. Most are the cheap stickers you just apply on top of the existing parts, but this appears to be an actual part replacement.

Can anyone confirm this?

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you seen or tried any of the the stick on type? That's all I've been able to find online.

- Desparetly seeking a nice wood dash kit for my black 6MT.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I had a stick-on type on my 4Runner a few years ago. I was totally pissed. I thought I was paying for an upgrade (at the dealer, at time of purchase) with actual pieces, but they were just stickers. If I had seen it before they installed it, I would have told them to forget it. It's totally lame in my opinion. If it's not an actual piece, I wouldn't do it.

-Ken

·
Registered
427 Posts
OMG could that wood kit look any more fugly. I hope no one puts that on and kills the inside of the car, Im begging you. The car honestly wasnt ment to have wood in it. It just doesn't look right. my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
One other thing to consider... assuming this is a PART REPLACEMENT kit, it would have to have a part for the Nav screen (if you have it) since the top of the screen is connected to the front of the screen. I highly doubt they've gone this far with a PARTS kit, and it would look really stupid if the top were wood and not the front when it's popped up.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
no prob jarrett -- whatever you find out will be appreciated. just share the info whenever you get it. [cheers]

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I've given up. Thanks to those of you who offered your input, but I can't find anything I really like and the ti finish is kind of growing on me.

2003 G35C - 6MT - Willow Leather - Nav - Premium - Performance

·
Registered
331 Posts
Has anyone looked at Auto dash emporium? Have many colors and style to choose from and they have a kit for the Coupe. Do any of the kits on this site have pieces for the door arm rests or door pulls?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That would be really nice, but I'd be scared to get in my car in the summer; hot!

Black 2003.5 6MT - Willow - Nav - Premium - Performance - Tint - Nose mask

1 - 15 of 15 Posts