Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I washed my G35c for the first time this weekend. When I lifted the windshield wipers, I noticed that water was draining between the windshield and the rubber lining at the bottom of the windshield. This is hidden a bit by the wipers. If I lift the wiper up, then I can see a gap between the rubber lining on both sides, just at the point where the arms come up. Has any one seen this on their cars? Do you think that it is something that needs to be corrected?

I will attach a pic of it with the area in question boxed in yellow.

Tnx in advance.

6MT DP

·
Registered
316 Posts
I haven't noticed anything in the windshield, but I have found that when I wash it the windows aren't totally sealed. There are always drips of water down the inside of the window.
Since your car is brand new I'd ask the dealer to look at it.

- Desparetly seeking a nice wood dash kit for my black 6MT.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
will check it out next time I wash my car.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
550 Posts
i actually saw this on my car this morning before seeing your post. I notice that the plastic strip is lifted off extremely slight, away from the glass on the bottom left of the windshield. Enough to have water seep in between. I dont have any leaking issue so I guess its seeping somewhere else beside my interior.

I will ask Infiniti about it the next time. Its hardly visible, only if you focus in reaaaaal close....[:D]

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi:

Thanks for checking your cars! Last Saturday night we were hanging out near an Infiniti dealer and I took the time to check this on the 7 to 8 G35's they had in stock. It is the same on all G35's, coupe's and sedan's alike. However it is not evident on their other models.

From what I can tell, water that drips down the windshield is intended to drip into the rear of the engine bay. There are cut outs so that it can drip onto the ground. My unverified guess is that water that drips beneath the lower windshield cover drips into the engine bay as well, though drainage would not be directed by lower windshield cover.

6MT DP

1 - 5 of 5 Posts