Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is my first post to this forum. I have some problems I am hoping you can help me with. (1) Both windows creak/rattle when I go over rough road or speed bumps. This is with the windows fully up. (2) I have streaks on both windows on the inside of the glass...looks almost like grease or a film of some kind. The source must be inside the window track...any ideas as to what this is, and is anyone else having similar problems? [timebomb]

Now for the body question. I was involved in a car wreck and the rear quarter panel and bumber had to be replaced. After painting the car the dealership did not put the plastic pieces back on near the rear wheel. Can I get these things anywhere? dealer said there wasn't a part number??? Also, what purpose do they serve?

I'd appreciate any help...

[cheers]
Claire

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi claire,

I have the same problem with my windows except for the film. Mine make those noises right after i put my windows up but it goes away after a couple of minutes. I would say it is the force of the glass pressing against the insulation. dont worry about it. As for the plastic guards..you should write to infiniti direct. It could save you some hassle

·
Registered
230 Posts
There has been much discussion here about the grease streaks on the glass - but there's a TSB that you can bring to your dealer for a fix.

Try here:
Linky 1

and here:
Linky 2

As for your creaks, unfortunately It may be bad news. Some adjustments from your body shop might help, but essentially, once a car has been in a colision, or wreck as you've described, sometimes pieces of the car might bend or move very slighly. Too slight to be noticed with your eye, but enough that everything doesn't 'fit' together perfectly as intended from its manufacturing. These slight irregularities may causes your window not to fit exactly as intended, i.e., a rear end colision may have pushed your door forward just slightly enough that the window may hug the outer lip of the door-frame a bit too closely so that when you hit a bump it taps the edge of the lip causing your creak/rattle.

As far as the clear plastic pieces near the rear wheels, they mimic a clear bra in function, as their purpose is to protect the buldge the piece covers from a stray rock thrown back by your front tire. I wouldn't worry too much about not replacing this piece.

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info.! I will call my dealership and see if they have the parts in stock for the fix. What you say about the creaking and my accident makes sense.

As for the clear guards...can I remove the ones on the other side so the car is not mismatched? Would a blow dryer do the trick...or will I harm the clearcoat?

Thanks!
Claire

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey guys, I was just about to post about a creaky window. Mine just started happening yesterday and is annoying the #%[email protected] out of me. (7000 mi.) I've never gotten into an accident, so I don't think Claire's problem is caused by the accident.

The creaking appears when driving over rough or bumpy pavement. I can recreate the creaking by apply slight pressure from various directions onto the window.

Only my passenger side windows is creaking. So a possible guess is that various friends have been closing the door by putting force on the window. When exiting, I close the driver door by the rubber area just below the bottom of the window. (I'm just anal about fingerprints on the window and the door).

A question for Claire would be if you close the door by pushing against the window? This could possibly be a weakness of not having a door frame bordering the windows. The pressure on the window could possibly weaken the hold the door has on the window. Any other idea? Anyone else having this problem?

'03 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Black | Graphite Leather | Prem. Audio | Areo | Performance

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I have the same problem on my driver's side. The dealer thought it would be corrected when they fixed the oil streaks. The oil streaks came back and so did the creaking. Round three next Monday. [rage]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree that pushing on the windows might cause this problem. I'm sure people that slam the doors might be causing the problem too. [banghead] I'm scheduled to have both windows done on Friday and will post results.

Claire
[8D]

·
Registered
237 Posts
I think I may have the same problem. I haven't had time to look into it. At first I thought it was the seat belt and selt belt extender hitting the door and/or side panels. I hope it doesn't get worse. Please keep us up to date on what the dealer says.
No streaks.

G35 Coupe
6MT DP/W prem, aero, navless

1 - 11 of 11 Posts