Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
courtesy of D Nyholm. this guy has a 6MT coupe and went to the track and posted some pretty impressive times (14.0). but what was really interesting was what he did on his later runs. check it out.....

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originaly posted by D Nyholm on FreshAlloy
lI then let the car sit for about 2 hours. Then something surprising happened. I went out to make a few more runs. On my first run of the afternoon, I launched ok (2.108 60 ft.) and then I short shifted on the 3-4 shift at about 6300 rpm. I ended up getting an ET of 14.135 @ 101.37!!! I have no idea how short shifting it did that. The conditions didn't change much at all so something else must have happened and the only thing different was the short shift. I thought that maybe it was a freak thing so I ran out and did another run to see if I could duplicate it. I ran a 14.118 @ 101.75 this time!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

short-shifting huh? with a better 60' this guy could easily be as fast as the Z. maybe they are pretty equal......

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
254 Posts
DAAAAAAAMN!!!!!!!!!!!![bowdown][:D]

CMEGOBYU
03.5 G35s Pearl,Sprt,Aero

·
Registered
33 Posts
when i have done runs with my g tech the shift lights started flashing around 6300-6400. I did not believe it but maybe its right.

G35 6mt
blue/graphite
everything but nav. - cause men don't need directions from anything

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unfortunately, the G weighs closer to 3500 or 3600 lbs. the Z's do trap that.

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kponti

Technically speaking, that is what a 280HP car weighing in at ~3300lbs should trap.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Actually, it's the sedan that is around that weight. As Dr. Rick said, the coupe is closer to 3.5k lbs.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
msb3079 said:
Dr. Rick ---

how do you have a sig???
The old sigs carried over from a long time ago. Check the original date.

·
Registered
11,598 Posts
ggirl said:
The old sigs carried over from a long time ago. Check the original date.
mine didn't :(

EDIT: oo cause they joined in 2003.
it's annoying not having sigs bc it lets you know what people have without asking everytime.
maybe i should add that to the 10 character thread.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
msb3079 said:
mine didn't :(
no mine didn't either but if it was already on an old post it will show up.

·
Registered
11,598 Posts
ggirl said:
no mine didn't either but if it was already on an old post it will show up.
ooo holy S. i didn't realize how old this thread was. LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts