Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving to phoenix (actually scottsdle) and was wondering what the nightlife is like around this area, and maybe meet up sometime. Ill be moving from NY what a change in weather.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
There are quite a few bars and clubs in the Old Town Scottsdale area. Up in North Scottsdale, there are more, but they're typically tageted at older people. The Old Town scene is a bit younger.

However, I doubt it's much like what you know in NY. Other than the bars and clubs, most everything shuts down pretty early. That's my only complaint about the city and its changing as more and more young people start to grow up in the city (a relatively recent occurance as most are transfers from other states).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. What part of AZ are you from semi. I noticed you are an electrical engineer. Where did you go to school i have a few friends that graduated from RPI and RIT. Would it be OK if i give you a shout if i have any more ????

·
Registered
172 Posts
we are almost switching, you coming here (phx) and me going to pennsylvania -- relatively close.

I don't know how old you are, and thus what you would be interested in, but I would say there is something for most of the age groups and/or interests.

For example: there are a lot of clubs, bars, etc down in tempe next to ASU on mill ave.

Then you've got Van Buren (sp?) known for prostitution (though I believe that is more of an older stereotype -- not so much anymore)

Then you've got the zoo, Rawhide, sporting events (go dbacks!), skating parks, etc. scattered throughout the city. And lastly but certainly not least...

We've got Firebird International Raceway (and PIR of course but that's not the sotry at the moment), at FIR, they open the tracks up for people to drag race their cars. Admission is $15 to race, $10 to watch, you get unlimitied races and the possibility of winning cash for consistancy. My friend with the SI goes every Thursday night (Sport Compact Only Night - typically only imports though I've actually seen a dodge ram race on thurs.)

That's a lot of fun -- I actually made a DVD on my mac about my friend racing, pretty cool if I say so myself. A lot of those people go meet up elsewhere in the city after and before the races so I think you'll find your niche.

Good luck on the move! When is it?

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well to start off im am 22 and am moving there to work for walgreens, i graduate pharmacy school this may and they recruited me. I plan to be there by june 1. Where abouts in penn and when are you moving and for what?? (college, work, woman, fun etc...). so they have an import night at the track huh. I am guessing they will allow my G there since it is an import. I am from albany so penn is not too far away. Good luck with you situation in penn.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Wow, you really picked a shitty time to move here. Middle of summer is pretty fucking hot. I always suggest moving here in Winter so you have a full season of 70 degree weather to appreciate the 120 degree summers.

As to your questions, I grew up in the east part of Phoenix and live in Scottsdale currently. I started my education at UofA and transfered to ASU for work.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm going to Penn State so for college (and for women hehe)

Yea they'll let you use your G at the tracks. Actually last week my friend with the SI got his butt kicked but an auto coupe, blue with aero. He said it looked and sounded "awesome."

Yea bad time of the year to move -- but at least you get the worst first so if you really cant stand it or something, you have a chance to move back b4 you get too settled.

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PENN STATE good god you are gonna have the time of your fucking life there. Good luck passing classes there with all the partying. My friend and i went there to visit that chapter of his frat and let me tell you GIRLS, GIRLS and more fucking hot ass girls. good pick

Semi where abouts in scottsdale are you. I am moving into sonoran vista apartment s near redfield road or around that area. I saw your home entertainment system very impressive. I myself am gonna get some rediculous shit when i move there but need to get the essentials first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gbye: you are going to burn up here in the desert. Anyway there are plenty of things to do around here. I live in the west Ahwatukee area (southern Phoenix). You have plenty of bars and chicks to hang out with. Remeber one word and one word only: Sanctuary. That's where the high-end people hang, if that's your cup of tea. You like the college crowd, you have that too.
Semi: too bad you had to become a sun devil. The cats rock (horrible game against Kansas though)

UA alum class of '97

DRIVING A FAST CAR!---
5AT COUPE--IVORY PEARL/ GRAPHITE INTERIOR

·
Registered
1 Posts
40G's...You will love Phoenix. You are young, have a job that pays well, and a damn nice car. I have had a Ivory Pearl 6MT for almost a month and already have 2000 miles. It still amazes me how the heads turn at this car. I live in North Scottsdale. There are beautiful girls and great bars/restaurants all over this town.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks alot man you guys are making this move less stressful for me now that im not moving into hell.[:D]

6MT-silver/graphite
aero, premium minus nav
ohh dont forget the trunk
mat LOL!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts