Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 3 1/2 long months waiting for my G3 coupe, its finally due into the dealership in Jacksonville, FL around September 4th and I'm wondering what the going rate is at the Infiniti dealership on a 5 year car loan. Can anybody tell me what kind of interest rate they got from the dealership so I can decide if I need to start browsing the web for a cheaper rate? I don't imagine that infiniti is running any kind of a 0% interest rate special on this car...

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
As a first time car buyer and a bit naive, I got screwed to the tune of 8.9% from Infiniti but others here have done far better. eTrade offered me 5% on a refinance so I'd go with them.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
You can also try e-Loan. They are quoting 3.75% right now, but that's not necessarilly what you'll get. If anything you can get pre-approved by them, then bring the paperwork to your dealer and have them try to match the rate. Some are likely to do it than others, and your credit rating will determine a lot.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Find a credit union you qualify for. I've been a member of a semi-exclusive CU since I was a wee child, and I got 3.75%. That doesn't suck.

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice | Pictures

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice. The salesman wouldn't give me a clue on the rates over the phone, just "come on in and we'll take care of it".

I'll try to score the 3.75% that I've seen advertised by a local credit union in the area since that appears to be the best rate going.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mick16

Thanks for the advice. The salesman wouldn't give me a clue on the rates over the phone, just "come on in and we'll take care of it".
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yeah, that's what they do. They'll do anything to get you in there. The dealer drew up the papers for my CU and told me 5.5% was the best I could do (even though I knew I should get 3.75%). Apparently they were just lying. So I'd say you should definitely work it out before you go in--if the salesman won't give you numbers, don't finance through them.

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice | Pictures

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Also let them know you've already been pre-qualified with other lenders with lower rates. Nothing will get them to change their tune quicker than potentially losing a finance deal. The more loans they write, the more incentives they typically get.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

1 - 7 of 7 Posts