Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I havent had time to run completely through all the threads to see if this issues has been discussed so sorry if it has.

My G35, with only 1500 miles, had a slight pull to the right while driving down the freeway. So I thought it must of needed a wheel alignment. So took it down to the local dealer and they didnt even question what I claimed was happening and ordered a compression rod for it, that they said would fix the problem. Has anyone else experience this slight pull to the right (only noticable on a flat, striaght, road with your hands off the wheel) From what I know a new car like this should drive straight as an arrow?? I called my buddy in Delaware and he said his new coupe was doing the same. Just thought I would put it out there and see what everyone has to say. Thanks for your consideration.

G35 coupe/ Silver 5AT, premium/sport package

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The coupe has a right drift problem. Take it to your dealer and they have a fix, under a technical service bulletin and all, but don't expect perfection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for the info. Took it in today and they installed a bushing that appears to fix the problem.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Bizz, he was not asking, "who has NOT heard of this?" your reply was unnecessary.

G35_kiwi, I have read on another forum of someone having the same problem with a coupe. Infiniti also installed a compression rod on that car and it seemed to fix the problem. I am going to have to check my car tomorrow and see if I experience the pull myself. But if I were you I would not get too worried about it, especially if they were able to fix it easily. However, I do understand your concern about "a new car like this should drive straight as an arrow."

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it was a bushing and a compression rod. seems to be OK. Cheers for the responses!![cheers]

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Incidentally, for those curious, Infiniti defines a right drift as a full lane change on straight road at 60mph in 7 seconds if memory serves. It took mine about 5.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Service manager told me that if it drifts within 8 seconds there is a problem which mine was doing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone know the TSB number for the right drift issue on the Coupe?

My G is having this issue and I called up my Service Manager and he said that he heard about it but no official TSB from Infiniti on it yet.

He said he would have a look at it for me to see what it could be, but I'd like to go back to him with the TSB to shove it in his face.[:D]

2003.5 Infiniti G35C 6mt
Caribbean Blue w/Graphite Leather
Premium/Navigation/Aero
Hardwired Valentine 1 Radar Detector
Aluminum Pedals
Injen Cold Air Intake-RD1992B
Insaneamine's 5-wire Grounding Kit

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I don't believe that they have sent out a Technical Service Bulletin on the drift issue yet. They may as more people complain about it, but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. Your best bet is to go in and say, "I know that if my car can change lanes on a flat surface in 7 seconds or less while traveling at 60 MPH I should have a compression rod installed. Please call and confirm this because I am having this problem." Your dealer shouldn't give you any hassle with it.

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Also, as a courtesy to other members could you please try to make your signature take up as few lines as possible? Thank you in advance.[thmsup]

e.g. You could probably say all of this:
2003.5 Infiniti G35C 6mt
Caribbean Blue w/Graphite Leather
Premium/Navigation/Aero
Hardwired Valentine 1 Radar Detector
Aluminum Pedals
Injen Cold Air Intake-RD1992B
Insaneamine's 5-wire Grounding Kit

like this:

'03.5 6MT Coupe | Caribbean Blue w/ Graphite | Prem. | Nav. | Aero |Hardwired V1 | Alum. Pedals | Injen CAI | Insaneanime's Grounding Kit

We will all know that you are talking about a G35, and that Graphite is referring to the leather on your 6MT coupe (they only come with leather), Everybody will understand the Prem., Nav., Aero, and V1 abbreviations, if somebody doesn't understand CAI then they are a newbie and will soon learn. Lastly, the greatest benefits will be saved server space, less lines used, and others will be influenced to do their sigs moderately done and neat.

I think that most people would agree that if you can say seven lines of stuff in 1 or 2 then you would be doing all of us (including yourself) a service. It simply allows more room for facts.

| 6MT Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | Navi | Alum. Peds | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Man, this is what is so nice about internet forums. It sure educates the average Joe. Thanks for the input. I will watch for this.

03 Laser Red 6MT | Willow int | No fancy stuff | 30% Tint and 3M Clear Bra

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I don't believe that they have sent out a Technical Service Bulletin on the drift issue yet.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You're mistaken. I had the text on my desk here at work until I had it done. Let me see if I can't find it on Fresh Alloy...

Found it:

ITB03-028 Dated April 25, 2003

2003 G35 COUPE; STEERING DRIFT TO THE RIGHT

APPLIED VEHICLES: 2003 G35 COUPE (cV35)

IF YOU CONFIRM:

The vehicle has a tendency for a constant drift to the right on a straight, flat road at highway speeds.

NOTE: A vehicle is said to drift, if

The vehicle completes a lane change in less than 7 seconds and

with no steering correction from the driver and

when driving at 60 mph and

all four wheels must pass into the other lane during this time (7 seconds) and

while driving on a crown-sloped road of less than 1 percent

ACTIONS:

Verify the incident drift as described above.

Install the right front suspension compression rod from the Parts information section of this bulletin.

Part Number 54468-CD084 Rod Compl Compr, FR Susp RH

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Semi, thanks for posting the bulletin. [cheers]

Now I have to go find some open freeways!

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Yes, thank you Semi. I performed the test last night and I was changing lanes in about 5 seconds.[:(!] I guess I will have to bring it in. Did you recieve that TSB in the mail?

| 6MT Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | Navi | Alum. Peds | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
No, I saw it on Fresh Alloy. The dealers have actually been a bit unhappy about me having TSBs in the past. Apparently, they're actually news letters issued to the service managers. Some nice people post them to the internet which is how we find them. My service people have always been a bit thrown by my ability to reference TSBs.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
[:D] I know what you mean. I went in for the TSB on the seat heater switches before it was a recall and my service manager was like, "How did you know about the TSB, I just found out about it today." Knowledge is power... and power is good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts