1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"I would like to see:

- Doors that don't creak and rattle.
- Shorter throw manumatic shifter.
- New ECUs for both Engine and trans that kills the adaptive learning Algorythm.
- Better sounding stereo
- Passenger auto controlls that match the drivers.
- Better quality grain of leather.
- Bigger sunglass holder.
- Mirrors that have memory with the seats.
- Rain sensitive wipers.
- DRLs first, full on 2nd, and Auto 3rd
- Xenon fogs
- Projection headlamps.
- I would like to pull the auto stick toward me to enable manumatic mode, instead of push away.
- 18" wheel package offer (coupe type wheels)
- Real LSD
- Cover for the Brake master cylinder to match battery cover
- Better looking engine cover. This thing really holds in the heat. Makes no sense to cover a pretty aluminum intake manifold with an ugly plastic piece.
- Spare wheel with the same rim on the car.
- MP3 Player option
- Telescopic steering wheel

Not many additions but lots of improvements needed. I love this car, but I feel quality has been sacrificed for price in some places."

G-Class
2003.5 G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-Class

- Mirrors that have memory with the seats.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I didn't realize the mirrors were not part of the memory settings. That's kinda weak.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't think they could make Xenon fog lamps since fog lamps are typically a very yellow color to contrast with the white fog. Since xenon lights are white, it would defeat the purpose, plus that is what the headlights are for.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a 6mt, so from my punch list I can eliminate your complaints about the transmission, which by my count totalled 3. I don't have a problem with the stereo (low-class ears, I guess), so no complaints there. Yes, auto seats for the passenger would be nice, but who needs to remember where the passenger seat was last time they were in it? Just crank it back!

Leather quality couls be a tad better, but I'm not too upset for the money. And my doors only rattle a little with the stereo... I'll be taking that issue to Infiniti. Definately need a bigger sunglasses holder! My favorite pair won't fit!

Memory mirrors would be nice, but I'd prefer the heated mirrors that I declined. Rain sensing wipers are expensive to put into a car, so I'll stick with the cost-effective, speed-sensing wipers.

I also dislike the light switch pattern, but I don't like DRL at all. Just put the "Auto" mode AFTER the normal "On" position.

Xenon fogs = expensive option. Especially since I never use them.

Projection headlamps would be nice if their advantage to cost ratio isn't too skewed.

18's would have been the best option, provided they were stylish, wide, and high-quality rubber.

LSD would also be great, but how much of a noticable advantage would that give you?

Under hood complaints are trivial to me, as long as the performance is there. But I'll take the full-size spare. It's a luxury car, right???

An MP3 player and a telescoping wheel would definitely sweeten the deal, but again, these are extras that I don't mind paying for.

What about these items? ....:

A trunk ajar indicator light!
Better seats! (I just can't get that comfy, secure feel!)
Standard heated mirrors! (Always fogged up!)
Simple, fuel-economy trip computer.
Tint!
Nicer dash material (all of that silver plastic...)
Headrests that tilt forward!
A 12-volt, or heck, a 110-volt outlet in the 6mt center console!
A less-than-silly coin holder!
Hydraulic hood supports.
A remote oil filter location.
A fuel economy needle-meter (like BMW's)

I feel like I've forgotton a few items, but there's my 73 cents!

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

It would be nice if you could adjust the seat height in the sedan.
I can in mine, is that an option you don't have Gard?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
254 Posts
there should be 2 little switches behind the front/back, and seatback adjusters....the front one tilts the front, the rear onr the rear...since i am 6'2", i put both all the way down, and adjusted the it all from there.[:D]

CMEGOBYU
03.5 G35s Pearl,Sprt,Aero

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by CMEGOBYU

there should be 2 little switches behind the front/back, and seatback adjusters....the front one tilts the front, the rear onr the rear...since i am 6'2", i put both all the way down, and adjusted the it all from there.[:D]
I'm 5'5" so mine's up close to the top. [lol]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yea, i have noticed that the seats feel a little high in our sedans....at first, i felt like the car sat up way too high..finally realized it was just the seat...you got the sunroof Gard? 6'3" must be tight[bigeyes]how is the room in that z06?

CMEGOBYU
03.5 G35s Pearl,Sprt,Aero

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
The G has a sunroof which takes away headroom, only ones they had had sunroofs. The Z06 fits nice, seat all the way down a laid back a little. Very nice driving position for me.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

The G has a sunroof which takes away headroom, only ones they had had sunroofs. The Z06 fits nice, seat all the way down a laid back a little. Very nice driving position for me.
Is that 6'3" counting the afro? [lol]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
heh heh... can you say "Fletch"?

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

heh heh... can you say "Fletch"?
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water-buffalo.

·
Registered
254 Posts
[lol][lol][lol]

CMEGOBYU
99 Ford Focus Riced!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

Is that 6'3" counting the afro? [lol]
6'11" with the fro. It was funny, I was at bar one night and I went to the men's room. When I came back to my table this dude had sat down with the lady I was with. I looked at him and made a growl noise and you should have seen him get up and leave.

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
[br
6'11" with the fro. It was funny, I was at bar one night and I went to the men's room. When I came back to my table this dude had sat down with the lady I was with. I looked at him and made a growl noise and you should have seen him get up and leave.
[bowdown]

That's hysterical!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts