Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know several people have posted links and ideas for what you'd like in the Tech Guide and FAQ section. Please post any ideas you have for these sections here.

Alright, I'm off to State College... wish me luck!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
119 Posts
VQ. You could easily condense the 1000's of posts at this site into a great FAQ, as well as an advanced and a new buyers tech guide. The information posted here has been very helpful in getting all of us to enjoy the time we spend in our machines and I look forward to more of it. I guess the real question is ,do you have the time, or do you want to develop a plan to delegate topics to some of the experienced owners? I look forward to your pearls of wisdom. In the mean time, Enjoy the ride...this car rocks.

G35/S/6MT DP over Graphite, Premium.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What're you doin' up in state college?

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The bottom line is, I don't think any information is avaiable yet for recommending solid performance or navigation mods that can be acquired through reputable dealers. If I'm wrong, slap me now and I'll be happy about it.

I saw that someone had posted an image of a 400HP G35 SC. That's what I want. Yet, there is no-one here posting to tell me how to get it done.

Also of interest would be the aftermarket installation of either the factory navigation system or one that is better which would allow for the playing of a mp3 stick and DVD movies.

In my performance oriented opinion, these two topics are where the juice lies so they would fall at the top of the FAQ.

Other sections (lower in priority and thus lower in the doc) would include sources and prices for pedals, turn signal mirrors, dustless breakpads that don't degrade the stopping power of the brembos, etc. etc.

I'll actually do the work, but I'd need to see some data first.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would like to see wheel tech. There are some people that have said on other forums that the stock 18s on the coupe are actually 8.5 and then some as opposed to the 18x8 they advertise.

I want to go with GTNs in 18x8 in the front and 18X9 in the rear. However if the stock wheels are already wider than 8 then I might consider going up0.5 inch wider.

Also if people could post up the proper offsets that would help NEWBS like me [:D]

·
Registered
550 Posts
I would suggest a "How To" on:

1: Breaking In the engine
2: Upgrading Navi for DVD's and Laptop Screen

Finally !! | 2003 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd like to know which tires/wheels have worked for people, especially performance wise, not just for looks, and how they maintain them. There's a lot of conflicting information about all this.

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by shelleycat

I'd like to know which tires/wheels have worked for people, especially performance wise, not just for looks, and how they maintain them. There's a lot of conflicting information about all this.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

That's an excellent suggestion shelleycat. I've been looking for the same info myself.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
27 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

That's an excellent suggestion shelleycat. I've been looking for the same info myself.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks LeadFoot - with a handle like that I guess you'll be an expert soon! [:D]

It'll be interesting to find out down the road what happens when the majority of owners wear out their original tires and go on to new ones. By then there may be many new choices.

"Moderation in all things, including moderation."

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
If anyone can find the instructions on how to access the car settings through the nav, that would be extremely helpful. By car settings, I'm talking about stuff like auto headlight timing, auto door locks, headlamp illumination delay, etc. I've heard it can be done, but so far have not been able to find the instructions anywhere.

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
68 Posts
TSB's?

Anyone who bought the service manual (soon to be me) gets copies of the TSB's faxed to them. It would be nice to print out a TSB and hand it to the dealer when going to get something fixed on a first model year car.

Although it is probably not even close to legal, having an online ESM would be nice (at least some electrical drawings for radio and the airbag removal instructiond for the seats and dash components)

·
Registered
550 Posts
kloh....I would love to get that info too....I am going to ask my Service writers about it

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
hope you have more luck than I did with it, craigdred... they're guarding it like it was a national secret! [:D] Let me know if you get anything.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
316 Posts
Being relatively new to the performance car world I'd love to see some basic info in the FAQ section. Things like what a cold air intake is and why I'd want one. Same with aftermarket exhaust, larget tires, etc etc. Basically simple stuff for beginners.

As for the Tech Guide, instructions for common modifications (switching break pedals for example).

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would like to know how to change the air filter. I posted this question on the board, and didn't get an answer.

[bowdown]

'03 G35 Coupe / 5AT / Carrib Blue / Willow Leather / Sport Wheels

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just replaced the air filter on my coupe and it was fairly simple.
Unlatch the clips around the filter casing(square), unscrew a screw that attached the filter casing to the body, also unscrew the screw which held the metal clip on the rubber hose that connect the air filter to the air intake. Push the filter box back to expose the air filter element to replace the filter and reverse the entire process to secure the air filter back. The whole process should take no more 30-40 minutes.

kinschan

·
Registered
550 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by craigdred

kloh....I would love to get that info too....I am going to ask my Service writers about it

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hey Kloh,
Spoke to my Infiniti Dealer, who has advised that the Delay in the Auto Headlight Sensor , as well as the other little car settings are done through the Console (ie. the Computer they plug into the Car for diagnostics. I guess it does more than monitor. Sucks that way, but I guess the next time you go to service, ask them what things can be changed, and if you need your headlight delay lenghtened, let them know. They also told me that the headlight delay can only be lenghtened in a few seconds, so I am not sure how much longer you wanted.

[cheers]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
craigdred,

I did in fact get them to change the delay when I took the car in for the first oil change. They said they did it with the console rather than the nav, so perhaps there really isn't a way to do it with the nav. Too bad, since you apparently can with an FX, M and Q.

-Ken

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
FAQ

I would like to see information where new members can go to gain information on how to send pictures to the gallery, where and how to post pictures. Basically all the in and outs from scanning to navigating 6mt.net [^]

2004 G35 Coupe|5AT| Brilliant Silver|Graphite Leather|Premium|Perfomance|Aero|Pictures

1 - 20 of 20 Posts