Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

OK. Went for my first oil change yesterday and talked to their service manager. He said that if you put it on recirc and spray some Lysol under the glove box where the air intake is, it should kill the mold which is causing the odor. To avoid it from happening all together, he said you should not shut off the AC, but just make sure that it's not on recirc when you shut the car off. This allows the hatch from the outside to remain open, and the coils to dry properly.

Sounds pretty logical. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

If this is true, that's a crappy design. It would be relatively trivial to put a little circuit in there that trips the system to open that vent when you shut off the car and return it to however you had it set prior when you restart it.

Crappy assed engineers.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On
If this is true, that's a crappy design. It would be relatively trivial to put a little circuit in there that trips the system to open that vent when you shut off the car and return it to however you had it set prior when you restart it.

Crappy assed engineers.

I hear you there Semi. It's not like this is a new environmental phenomenon or something. Just about every car I've had has had this problem. You'd think that they would have tackled this one before they came up with laser-guided cruise control.

[dunno]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_footTo avoid it from happening all together, he said you should not shut off the AC, but just make sure that it's not on recirc when you shut the car off.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Ahhhhhhhh so there's the catch... very interesting... [irk]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

Discussion starter · #24 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate
Ahhhhhhhh so there's the catch... very interesting... [irk]
Well guys, sprayed a little Lysol and that did the trick. Nothing but fresh air ever since.

[^]

Really, I'm surprised that worked so well! That's awesome, I'll give that a shot in the fiance's A4 with the same problem.

Thanks Lead [thmsup]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

Discussion starter · #26 ·
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Really, I'm surprised that worked so well! That's awesome, I'll give that a shot in the fiance's A4 with the same problem.

Thanks Lead [thmsup]
No problem man, glad to be of service. Just don't forget to make sure and switch it back to fresh air before the car is shut down (not on recirc) or it will happen all over again.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.