Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im really interested in replacing my stock exhaust. What is the best exhaust now and would you buy it or wait until others that may be better.
I know of a B&B exhaust but Ive never liked the name. I want a borla and as much horsepower gain as possible[hypno]

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've heard that Borla is going to come out with something since they've already done one for the new 350Z, and I'm waiting, too. They call their exhaust for the the 350Z a true dual.

However, the Stillen dual is out and installed already on a few cars with pics on freshalloy, I think. There's some controversy, however, re cabin noise at cruise level---some say it's quiet and others say it booms too much at 2500 rpm and up.

I've heard that GReddy may do something also since they've created a turbo for the 350Z and will probably/are completing an exhaust for that car.

NISMO supposedly is coming out with something, someday, if they ever get to these shores with any product at all. I know that sounds vague, but there have been statements about NISMO coming to the US and nothing's happened.

B&B, a couple years back actually had a pretty good rep for high-quality and high output. I got it straight from a very well known tuner for Vettes who had his pick of systems, with Corsa right down the road from him. He chose B&B and told me why.

Anyone have any other info, please post. I'm looking for something that doesn't rattle your teeth or drive you nuts with noise in the cabin when cruising on trips.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i as well am waiting for Nismo.
only i wish i can see the Body Kit in some LIGHT!
ergh, in any case i was tryin to go Nismo all around..if i could and if the kit looks nice in person...we'll have to see.
I'd be happy to go with a Nismo V35
all except the wheels..i have my mind set on that already,
and its not NISMO.

-----------------------
G35 coupe
6MT
Diamond Graphite
Aero
Navi
aka "Da Works!"

·
Registered
77 Posts
altho.......b3, have you seen those nismo wheels? just saw them on the 350z site on the nissan. v. nice solid 5 spoke design complete with nismo on one of the spokes. v. nice. if you're goin' nismo all around, this could be the crowning touch. but, it <u>is</u> your ride! drive on![:D]

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the stillen exhaust and the injen(P.S![:(!]) CAI on my 6MT.

Went to the Dyno and this are the #'s

1. stock-233hp
2. injen-234hp
3. injen+stillen [email protected] and [email protected]

I'm thinking of calling injen to find out whats up with the CAI.
I think that at the most is giving me 2 or 3hp for 250+dollars, do the math.
As far as the exhaust, I love it,+-15hp, not loud or quiet, just perfect.

Carlos
6MT-DG
PR.

Carlos

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by carlos

I'm thinking of calling injen to find out whats up with the CAI.
I think that at the most is giving me 2 or 3hp for 250+dollars, do the math.
As far as the exhaust, I love it,+-15hp, not loud or quiet, just perfect.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hey Carlos welcome to the board. Let us know what else you've done to your ride. Any pictures of the mods?

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
16 Posts
lead_foot
I also have on order the front lip from stillen, clear side markers, G35C eibach springs, and TE-37 wheels but I gues that not everything is in, so stillen hasn't ship.
I have pics of my G and some other ones here in PR even racing on a speedlab time trial (soloX) in witch I took 2nd place on class C. 1st place went to a WRX with coilovers, hoosier tires and even rollcage. He was only 1.5seg faster and my 6MT has stock sus and tires.

Just explain to me how to post my pics and I will. Last time I did something like this it was a pain.

Carlos
6MT-DG/W-NAV
P.R.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by carlos

Just explain to me how to post my pics and I will. Last time I did something like this it was a pain.
Check out this thread to answer your question about posting pics:
http://www.6mt.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=944

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I'm thinking of calling injen to find out whats up with the CAI.
I think that at the most is giving me 2 or 3hp for 250+dollars, do the math.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

From what I've heard, the intake on the coupe and the Z are VERY well designed and I wasn't expecting much of an improvement as a result. It sucks you had to be the guinnea pig but I do appreciate you taking the time and money to dyno all three situations. I haven't seen anyone yet that has been so thorough.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts

lead_foot,
thanks for the help on posting pics.[thmsup]

It looks like you have these pictures hosted on a permission based site (in other words, only you will be able to see them while we get a broken link). If you like you can send these to me and I'll put them up for you. Click on my handle to send me an e-mail.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I definitely would go with the Borla , especially if you want to obtain as much horsepower as possible. Of course I'm sure you could find some cheaper exhaust systems out there. Actually if i were you I wouldnt mess around with the g35 sport coupe 6mt. I would spend the money on a night with your BT or something.[angel]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts