Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:p Im thinking about upgrading to a g37 coupe :razz: and just testing the waters on what you think my G35 us currently worth.

My 2003 G35 coupe has 75,000 miles, auto, perfect tan interior (no rips) tinted windows, A/C, sunroof, spoiler, upgraded stereo, new 20" wheels and brand new tires, fresh oil, fresh antifreeze, new interstate battery, new alternator and flawless paint. It does have a salvage Missouri title. I would be looking at doing a private party sale.

I checked N.A.D.A and it says a clean retail is $12,900, and clean trade in is $10,100 and average trade in is at $9,150 with rough trade in at $8,000 this is according to Midwest area code of 64801. Im guessing average trade in value should be a good start?

I dont like Edmunds car guide bcuz its calculations are wayyy off! wtf so let me know what you guys think I could get out of my car this summer $. Im thinking about a G37 coupe. Is there any known problems with the 37? Besides batt drain issues?

·
Registered
50,074 Posts
Man to be honest, price it at whatever you want and see what happens. In reality, a total loss car typically is worth less than rough trade in. Your mods to me will really limit the pool of potential buyers, as your taste might not be the same as the next guy. Who knows though you might get lucky and find someone who loves it and doesn't mid the salvage. If you could get $8500 for it, I'd take that in a second.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was thinking asking xxxx and taking xxxxx Yes personally modifing my car will limit my audiance, however im not i n a hurry to sell it. Somebody somewhere will buy it, i will just have to reach a broader audiance. That will be my biggest challange so i will prob sit on it for a bit.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
I think the risk is related to one's goal with the vehicle.

1) Some want to get a car on the cheap and are willing to do some work/elbow grease with little cash outlay. That risk might be finding out the car that had some damage has issues beyond their ability as a DIY project like say electrical/flood related. Sometimes those issues come on later along.
That person would then be either out the investment of the purchase unless parting out out or selling it for the same cost they have into it or spending the money to get troubleshooting done by a shop or professional ie; More investment and additional risk then they counted on.

2) One who is going to buy it as is and may already have ideas about it's worth above their own investment or parting it out to make profit.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Tough question with a hypothetical answer until the day it rolls off your drive.
It's always worth what someone else will pay for it when you have the cash in hand (Your hand not theirs !!) lol

I'm going to say that the car has a cash value ~below~ the same exact miles/year and condition inside/out.
Start with that idea, hope for someone who absolutley loves the orange custom paint, upsell value if you can ie; ADD On's or upgrades and mods or other custom work.

If it isn't a lie and you indeed had the car stripped and apart, I'd also state it was a body-off complete restoration. This meaning you had the means and opportunity to inspect every inch of the car inside and out to take care of things nobody else would see or even know about. Either state the car was perfect or list what you found and did to it to correct things.
With any adds, custom stuff or mods, I'd consider those items helping close some of the gap that lowers values on a salvage car.

Lastly, I'd condsider getting it out and around to CARS and COFFEE kind of things, resaurant car meets or whatever you can find. You stand a better chance with these car enthusiasts than putting out and ad.
For every 50 people that see it, some will admire it, some will be in the market for a car and some might make an offer.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to say that the car has a cash value ~below~ the same exact miles/year and condition inside/out.*

Im not so sure by what you meant on this bachman?

·
Registered
50,074 Posts
I think he's saying it's worth less than a stock G with no mods and a clean title. But like he said, it's worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. That goes for any car kbb, edmunds etc are just guides.

·
Registered
145 Posts
.....With any adds, custom stuff or mods, I'd consider those items helping close some of the gap that lowers values on a salvage car. .....
I'd disagree with that. Any mods you've done to the car limit the audience for that car. Most people either don't want mods or want different mods than you have done. You really narrow down the potential buyers.

.....Lastly, I'd condsider getting it out and around to CARS and COFFEE kind of things, resaurant car meets or whatever you can find. You stand a better chance with these car enthusiasts than putting out and ad. .....
This part is right on the money. An enthusiast group is much more likely to be interested in some or all of any mods you have done. You'll be marketing to a niche group and this is it.

·
Registered
50,074 Posts
I'd disagree with that. Any mods you've done to the car limit the audience for that car. Most people either don't want mods or want different mods than you have done. You really narrow down the potential buyers.
I typically would agree with this, but I think bach's point is that anyone who's interested in an orange G35 with wheels and suspension is likely to be enticed by additional mods. It's pretty clear that the car isn't stock from a quick glance.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well of course the car is worth less than a stock g35. The question still stands. How much. Ya, targeting local car groups and abroad I have started. Just kicking the price around.

·
Registered
50,074 Posts
You have asked this question like 10 times now. None of us can possibly tell you what that car will sell for. There are way too many variables… You will need to find the right customer who has a similar taste to yours. Again, I would ask $9000 or less

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would pay $7000 there I said it, unlike some people beating around the bush here:p

I paid $10,000 for mine with same mileage and auto but two years ago.

The G37s are getting cheaper so it would be pretty good idea to get one before the Q60 comes out and makes it old...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree with you. Is Craig List a good idea? I might try Craig List and YouTube for a couple months, then during the summer just put it on Ebay if there is no solid offers.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I live in Cali my car is salvage No Frame Damage (Salvage Title From Car Getting Keyed) <---Punk Kids.. it has 150k miles on it and there is noooo way ill sell it for 8 or 9k what do you guys see selling for those prices, Only people that dont take care of there cars can be willing to sell for drop dead prices
btw. I dont think the orange color is helping.. IDK i see civics and corollas selling for those prices....

Minimum 15k for my car but it will never be for sale, still on a mission to get my RB26 then i can sell for over 20k

03 DG O.G Coupe Brembs 6MT

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.