Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1921 - 1940 of 1951 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Gilley has experienced just about everything with these cars or knows some one who has ...

The continuing voice of reason - lol !

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
The G coupe hasn't been taking up much of my time or attn in a while. Looks good washed up and runs solid thus far, so no complaints.

Next up for me is tire shopping again for the Mazda CX..... I may look into those Pirelli tires I put on the coupe last if they come in the corrected size for wife's ride. Have them as rear tires now on the G and they were reviewed well for quiet, comfort and gen performance/traction.
Hard to know for sure with only the two rear but I plan on going to the fronts when needed on the G.

Otherwise been sticking my nose in the mtn bike forums to keep my interest level up on riding and getting out. Somehow, reading or others info, tech stuff or ride experiences keeps me wanting to stay with it. I ride pretty regularly with some old farts (10 to 20 years my senior) and other times with guys 8 to 15 years younger. Needless to say, some rides are easy and some kick my azz.

Remember to thank our friends at photobucket for effing up the pictures under the 3rd party posting shnitz.
I guess they as first party photo whores want more money so 3rd party posting is restricted.

That's it for now. :smile2:

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Skipped tire shopping for the CX-7 and went all out for mama's new wheelz.
2016 CX-9 Touring Group with 4,800 miles and never titled so full warranty on it.

Figured she deserves some creature comforts and we knew what the next vehicle needed, third row seats and a back-up cam. This time, it was all her picking out her DD and our family hauler when we have the grandkids. The color and wheels are correct as pictured although I think the interior pic here is a 2017. Looks the same to me though.
Was considering used SUV or CrossOver's in the $18 to $22 range but was not going full new 17 like the $42 - $45 range. Stumbled on something they didn't even know they had, probably a Mgr Demo, over $10k off MSRP and $4300 under book per TMV or True Value.

Got a lot to learn on the technology of these newer features, but it should be fun. Always enjoyed the styling of these and it looks so much like some of the Infiniti stuff in recent years, I kind of feel at home. Plus, I still have my G. Getting two more windows tinted to match and I took the front plate mounting kit off.
Loving it so far, picked it up Saturday evening.

·
Premium Member
53,488 Posts
That's a nice CX. Congrats. It's funny how sometimes you'll go for an oil change or new tires and come home with a new car.

I think a replacement of our 06 FX may be in order before too long.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
That's a nice CX. Congrats. It's funny how sometimes you'll go for an oil change or new tires and come home with a new car.

I think a replacement of our 06 FX may be in order before too long.
TY.

Yeah, just wanted to get her schooled on whats out there and some looking , test drives etc.... I had the dealer get a 2013 Volvo XC60 that was really nice but no 3rd row. Hard to compete once you drive something with a few thousand miles versus 60k also.

This one just clicked all the boxes but I stepped a bit beyond the 18 to 22 range. At least no $45 like a zero miles 2017 though.
Thought of the Highlander or Venza for her to try but we never got that far. This would have been choice #1 if I were me calling it anyways so a Win Win !

I'm probably as thrilled with this as you are that Camaro !! :smile2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I dropped my car off at the shop today to get both front lower ball joints replaced, and since I already had parts, for no extra charge they are going to replace the lower control arm and sway bar link I brought in on the driver's side. They owed me anyway for letting some critter chew my leather seat while in their possession. I had already done the passenger side due to a failed bushing myself, but I live in Georgia, and it's like 105F out. Worth the extra dough I guess to not sweat for a couple days doing this set myself. Getting too old to give a damn.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Front struts , front control arms, spark plugs, and currently waiting on the infamous climate control/radio issue still at the shop. Daily driver is a Murano can't wait for G to come back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
New belts, exhaust gaskets on y-pipe, new dinamat, went to formula d a couple weeks back and did some spirited driving with friends...all 4 wheels officially curbed now. Changed oil w/Royal Purple...almost bought a powered by MAX steering angle kit (not enough loot yet) and looks like a brake line front drivers side next.:serious:

·
Registered
177 Posts
RJM pedal, Wilwood MC, no fluid in reservoir, no leak

So apparently i ran my G out of clutch fluid today. Found out as i pulled into my driveway and parked on the hill and couldn't move it after re-starting. This will be the second time this scenario happened. 1st time i exploded a clutch line that was steel braided and coated...that one was obvious as the fluid was leaking onto the driveway and a giant gaping hole in lower line to slave.

So...This time its not leaking and no fluid in reservoir. Is there a way i could be causing a boiling issue by not setting up my RJM pedal correctly? I want to say human error on my part but open to suggestions. :crying:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I did valve cover gaskets, plenum gaskets, iridium spark plugs, cleaned injectors as well as filthy stillen intake. Then i changed side lights to clear leds and already did spiked quick release for the bumper and 2% tint.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
So it has been a few weeks since I replaced the cabin air filter and I just replaced the passenger's side sun visor assembly on my G35. Not sure how the original was damaged but I'm going to find out who damaged it eventually. I had been putting it off for a while but I found the OEM replacement online and decided that it was time to do the job. Here's what I got https://www.infinitipartsdeal.com/parts/infiniti-sunvisor-asmy-r~96400-ac71b.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did the Seat Mod, as well as removed the switch for moving the seat and bent the tab in so it doesn't bruise my thigh on long rides. Spark Plugs and o2 sensors, gonna have to do Brake Master Cylinder as well as SS Brake lines soon with the Brembo calipers I have in a box pn a shelf.

Gonna have to put some material around what is left so it doesn't look tacky. I am thinking a leather patch, don't think I will be moving the seat as long as I own it, and if I do, the switches still work without the plastic bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Took the car out for a drive day. I can't stop wanting to just drive it around since picking it up from the dealership on Saturday. It needs a detail and a few little parts. Just ordered replacement HID bulbs, and LED conversion bulbs for the interior from Diode Dynamics. Putting the car on the lift tomorrow to find out any other things I need to fix.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Took the car out for a drive day. I can't stop wanting to just drive it around since picking it up from the dealership on Saturday. It needs a detail and a few little parts. Just ordered replacement HID bulbs, and LED conversion bulbs for the interior from Diode Dynamics. Putting the car on the lift tomorrow to find out any other things I need to fix.

I share the same feeling. Got to drive it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1921 - 1940 of 1951 Posts