Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 1950 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just reduced the weight of the car a little bit. Removed some unnecessary things from the car.

Will post an individual thread about my build but for now check out the pictures of the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
03 infiniti g35 coupe.... I have pulled the battery wire off to stop the coolant fan from running yet again.... HELP!
Please see my recent post....
thinking a lighter may solve the issue...

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
03 infiniti g35 coupe.... I have pulled the battery wire off to stop the coolant fan from running yet again.... HELP!
Please see my recent post....
thinking a lighter may solve the issue...
If you find the relay and pull it out, that may be the issue. Stuck relay ? The other trigger is a temp sensor, check that and the wire connections.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Left side turtle wax black box kit. Right side Mothers carnauba paste wax. Tried the black box first. Then went back to mothers. What your thoughts?

Just a notice tho before the black box I clay barred it and used meguires compound. On the mothers pic (right side) didn't need to clay again or compound it. But on each side I used Nu-Polish. Left side was the bottles Nu-Polish. Right side came in a can.

·
Registered
210 Posts
First I need to say this. I hate wire harnesses! Just a heads up to everyone. If your car is older like my 03 just take the tire off and peel back the liner. Much easier.

Second I had to replace the fog/high beam bulbs. One went out and I'm the type to change both rather than one. But I figured with 45$ I got the best of the bulbs I could get that late at night. So I bought the ones in the below photo. I have to say they are wide and bright. Even in the rain and fog; visibility is near perfect.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Yeah, I went in the same way on the light bulb access.
I'd rather spend a bit more time at it that way than to fuss and curse about the tight area to fit hands and arm in and then not be able to see what I'm doing .... lol

Plus, like you mention- the old wires and and connectors are just waiting to fail or break off if you don't handle with care.

Thanks for the comments on the bulbs. Good to know what is tried and true. I'm a name brand buyer on stuff like that too. Seeing the road at night and being seen is nothing to cut corners on IMO.
Tires either.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Yeah, I went in the same way on the light bulb access.

I'd rather spend a bit more time at it that way than to fuss and curse about the tight area to fit hands and arm in and then not be able to see what I'm doing .... lol

Plus, like you mention- the old wires and and connectors are just waiting to fail or break off if you don't handle with care.

Thanks for the comments on the bulbs. Good to know what is tried and true. I'm a name brand buyer on stuff like that too. Seeing the road at night and being seen is nothing to cut corners on IMO.

Tires either.

Yeah. I saw it listed in the bulb chart on this site. So I wanted to see how they would hold up. I'll take some night shots tonight to show how well they light up. To give an example of wide view. Imagine being on the freeway with no light poles and being in the center lane. You can literally see all three lanes clear as day.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Radiator cap question

So I recently went through the G's cooling system with silicone hoses and decided to replace the OEM radiator cap (1.2) with a 1.3 bar cap. My OEM radiator with 145k miles on it decided to fail at the hot side. A fellow gear head buddy tried to say the issue was due to the increased pressure and that i am putting my gaskets and seals at risk. In some ways I can see how that could be a condition to push the OEM radiator to it's limit but I did see a change in running temp for the better. I also tried to spruce up the engine bay with a fancy coolant overflow tank but idk.

Some lessons learned:

Weapon-R 826-123-102 Aluminum Coolant Overflow Tank, does not have a vent tube and does not fit very well. Looks cool but meh. Steer away from this particular mod.

Smooth edge hose clamps are much easier on silicon hoses than the traditional style. I recommend these where possible.

Question: What should i do about the radiator cap? Switch back to OEM spec? And then what if the capacity is increased by a new radiator? I see a bit of a debate about this on the other forums...Replacing radiator with Koyo G35 V2588 Racing Aluminum 36mm Radiator today.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Had to do it. Almost hit my kids bike and almost hit a dirt wall

That is the head unit I am looking at. Have you changed much other than just the head unit? Does it work well with OEM speakers???

Actually it works great with factory system. This one is the AVH- X5600BHS. ( could be next one down can't remember). But it does well. I can use waze on it with full functionality.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Yeah. I saw it listed in the bulb chart on this site. So I wanted to see how they would hold up. I'll take some night shots tonight to show how well they light up. To give an example of wide view. Imagine being on the freeway with no light poles and being in the center lane. You can literally see all three lanes clear as day.
Wow, those look like they work great !

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
I don't know much to help advise on the radiator issue. Seems like if the system was burped well and no air in it, then with capacity and new cap within normal ranges or spec, I don't see how or why it will be fussy or cause problems.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Here is a recent picture of the beast... just north of the U.S. AFA, a trailhead parking lot.

I've upped the biking plans now so nowdays the car gets a few miles on it for bike-hauling duty. I had a reciever hitch put on a few years ago for easy bike rack fitment.
Today, the G gets a bath and I'm doing a bit of spot fixing on some newer scratches with Megs compound / polish and some AutoGlym liquid wax.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
I had to replace the radiator in my 03 sedan after it cracked. I just used one from the auto parts store and it worked well. I kept the stock cap even when I had the supercharger.

1901 - 1920 of 1950 Posts