Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 1946 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I agree and seeing the same paint and color on two panel that are not exactly align at the same angle can make them look slightly different. Presumably, the way the light is reflected at a different angle or something reflected off the car from landscape or sky.

My gut reaction to that photo is if it were diamond graphite versus regular old silver.
Angle and reflection would certainly play a part. But I was told by a body shop (and their DuPont Rep) that it also has to do with the material. Look at almost every car at the bumper (usually poly)/fender (metal) and its slightly off.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Just posting a pic of wheels I wanted to look up....

Was reading a brief quip on a long term test of the jag f type.... the guy didn't care for the wheels it came with so they added these. I think the car was a version of orange though, not red.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6bAOzSu9ReA/U8RCi8LpcwI/AAAAAAAAdso/hnAiy5nznbU/s1600/F+Type+Coupe+lead.JPG

I think these are what you are looking for Bach:

http://www.wheelcollision.com/store/H59911-59911AXBK-F-TYPE.htm

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271805232244

Jaguar F-Type 2014 20" x 10.5" Rear Factory OEM Stock Wheel Rim

Nice looking wheel. Look to be Jag specific. You could use a bolt on wheel spacer/adaptor to make them work:

Look at this on eBay:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=251377947935

2 Wheel Adapters 5 Lug 4.25 To 5 Lug 4.5 Spacers 1"

However depending on the width and offset of the wheel, you have fitment issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the link... I guess it's 43%. I was told 33 or so at several shops.
To that link - tintlaws.com - the site was sold in 2013 and it seems that the new owner failed to update it regularly, so many listings are inaccurate... check out windowtintlaws.org - nowadays it´s probably better resource .. regarding up-to-date tint laws. (Sorry to bump quite an old thread..)

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Angle and reflection would certainly play a part. But I was told by a body shop (and their DuPont Rep) that it also has to do with the material. Look at almost every car at the bumper (usually poly)/fender (metal) and its slightly off.
Oh yeah,, I wasn't disputing the poly bumper or aluminum or metal as a variable. That's a definite.
I've seen cars from the profile view that appear to have a mismatch paint due to the lower part of a door or fender and often it's just an illusion due to the way light reflects off it differently since the body panel rolls under a bit tapering to the frame and changing the angle.
I've also seen cars that look fine in daylight but when my headlights illuminate the car at night, I can see a door that was partnered and stands out as a big mis match to the other door or fenders. Silver is a color I often see this with and there is a car here at work most nights that demonstrates this.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
I think these are what you are looking for Bach:

H 59911 JAGUAR F-TYPE 20x9 Angular Double 5 Spoke w Rivets - Wheel Collision Center

However depending on the width and offset of the wheel, you have fitment issues.
Thanks for posting.... I was wanting to see the stock wheels the guy didn't like and what he switched to.
I could not live with those rivets !! .... didn't notice them right away. I like the style of the wheel otherwise and seen some graphite on a white car that looked sharp.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Strange L O F experience .. ..

Thursday morning, I was in for my sched LOF at the dealer.
They went on a bit longer than normal as I usually get in first thing in the morning and wait on it.... typically 35 to 45 minutes.
They guy came out to let me know there was a drip or some spilled oil so they had it back inside cleaning it up.
No problem, I said and thanked them for catching it.

Later at home , I checked the level (always do this after every oil change by any shop) and I have a new oil stick. That seems really weird since ours is so strange in shape and design. Now I wonder if they lost mine , broke it or ?? and possibly the hold up was related to that or a parts-runner going to pick one up. ??
I almost called them back just to ask out of curiosity but decided not to pester them.

In other news, we got the Mazda back from their sister store/shop after 1.5 days with a new timing chain, new engine mount and new air filter.... my cost; $125.00 :)

** I had a Mazda 6 as a loaner again and I have to say, it's a really nice blend of sporty and comfort for it's size. This time I had an older one with 96 k on it and it seemed (to me) to prove how well it's made as holding up and riding - driving so nice as 9 years old and almost 100k.
The last one we had was 2010.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Looking good. Def noticeable difference in look but not sure I like one better than the other. Main thing is it's working better and no rubbing.
I'm excited to get spacers added to get a more flush look but it's not an immediate priority.

Seems like every project I have going now is approx $200 to $300 each and a few things ahead of car items. Spacers, spoiler paint, plugs and that rascal fuel line damper doo-hicky. Tally is likely $850 for all.

Yard and landscape season is here so we are getting to those items so we can enjoy all of the season instead of work on it all season.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,488 Posts
Your black G sure is shiny. Looks great.

Are the tires the same brand, just smaller size? I can't really tell anything different.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
I can't wait for you to get the spacers as well. You have been talking about it Forever! LOL. I know once you do, you'll be so happy and say "I can't believe I didn't to this sooner."

I like the look of the new tires because the sidewall height in the front and rear are now the same. Also, it make the rear wheel look bigger. Since the front face is not as inset as the rear, it creates an optical illusion the front wheel is larger than the rear. This was increased with the fatter tire:

Now

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1430938618.210612.jpg

Before

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1430938633.709801.jpg

The new profile size Also dropped the car 1/2" in the rear.

·
Premium Member
1,406 Posts
Your black G sure is shiny. Looks great.

Are the tires the same brand, just smaller size? I can't really tell anything different.
Thank You. It hasn't seen water (a wash) in 9 months. The wheels have never been wet since they were refinished.

I always dust it before it leaves the garage. Once every two weeks I go over it with Mcguire's Qwik Detail once ever two months Mcguire's Spray Wax (on/off 20 minutes no white residue).

Tires are the same Brand (Nitto 555 extremes) which I got for $314 shipped to my door. Discount tire direct on EBAY has a spend over $400 coupon, get $100 off. $314 for 2 275/30/20 high performance tires is unreal.

The new ones are slightly stretched so don't look as bubblyrounded.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
I can't wait for you to get the spacers as well. You have been talking about it Forever! LOL. I know once you do, you'll be so happy and say "I can't believe I didn't to this sooner."

I know you are right. It bugs me now that I see that gap (overhang) and can't overlook it. I like the idea of DiscountTire doing it but I will be at their mercy for spacers unless I find 'approved' billet like they use and save some $$ on the parts. That's the only thing I need to do really. Just haven't got into it yet.

1541 - 1560 of 1946 Posts