Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 539 Posts

·
Registered
35,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure that this has probably been asked before but being that I am kinda new to this forum, I just thought I would ask again. I am curious to see what kind of cars everyone drove before they got their Gs. Personally I had a red 2000 Honda Civic Si. That was definitely a fun car to drive and boy did it love to be rev'd up. That car didn't come to life until you hit that VTEC range. But as much as I enjoyed that car, it doesn't compare to the G.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2002 M3. Blast to drive, but poor quality. This was my 5th BMW and I never had any significant problems with the others. This M3 was in the shop 14 times in 2 1/2 years. Rod bearings replaced twice, oil pump replaced, door seals 3 times, blown speakers twice from a blown amp, blown amp, drive by wire accelerator, trunk handle broke off, finish peeled off trim on doors, console, dash, numerous rattles, etc. I decided to try the G35 and have no regrets- as good or better than the M3 in most ways, especially overall quality. Not as fast, but brakes, handling, shifter, even Bose stereo as good or better.

I may go back to BMW when the new M3 comes out, but I will definitely consider the GTR too.

·
Registered
280 Posts
1997 Accord 2-door, baby!! She was good to me...

~LOVING my G :D :D

·
Registered
35,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
G35DMC said:
2002 M3. Blast to drive, but poor quality. This was my 5th BMW and I never had any significant problems with the others. This M3 was in the shop 14 times in 2 1/2 years. Rod bearings replaced twice, oil pump replaced, door seals 3 times, blown speakers twice from a blown amp, blown amp, drive by wire accelerator, trunk handle broke off, finish peeled off trim on doors, console, dash, numerous rattles, etc. I decided to try the G35 and have no regrets- as good or better than the M3 in most ways, especially overall quality. Not as fast, but brakes, handling, shifter, even Bose stereo as good or better.

I may go back to BMW when the new M3 comes out, but I will definitely consider the GTR too.

I've actually heard from a couple of other people that they also had these type of problems with their M3's. It really surprises me that the M3 would have these kind of problems. Apparantly BMW worked out the problems that they were having with the M but it is just a trip to hear that a car that is in the upper echelon of cars would have these types of quality problems. Anyways, I'm glad that you are enjoying your G cuz I know that I am. And I can't wait for the GTR!

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
98 Ford Taurus SE, still got it sitting around. Cheaper to park it and keep it insured than to sell it and not have as much of a multi-car discount.

·
Registered
62 Posts
1997 Honda Accord. White. Automatic. No mods. got me from point A to point B. Kinda started feeling sad when I was cleaning her out, readying her for the dealership. Then I sorta started to miss her.

well, that feeling shot out the window as soon as I smelled the leather of my G. later Honda...it's boner time.

foobs :shock:

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
1990 240SX SE.

I still have it and use it as my winter car and for whenever i feel the neat to go out on a Beat Ride and wear some rubber off those tires.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Had a 96 Accord Sedan and after that had the '02 IS300 ;) Loving the G Ride though

·
Registered
35,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As I suspected from the early returns, most of us owned some kind of import prior to getting the G. So far only one previous domestic owner.

·
Registered
153 Posts
1998 Acura Integra GS-R (2nd most stolen car according to the news, right after the #1 stolen car 1999 Acura Integra) all suped up

·
Registered
11,598 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Tell me about it, I was some kind of pissed off and then even the Altima came out with 240HP, that's when I said it's G35 time baby.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Fooboy said:
1997 Honda Accord. White. Automatic. No mods. got me from point A to point B. Kinda started feeling sad when I was cleaning her out, readying her for the dealership. Then I sorta started to miss her.

well, that feeling shot out the window as soon as I smelled the leather of my G. later Honda...it's boner time.

foobs :shock:
funniest thing I've read all week! ahahahahahahah

sean

·
Registered
35 Posts
still got:
1996 Acura Integra (race car)
1997 Honda Civic Coupe (daily driver)
2003 Yamaha R6 (for when I really need to go fast)

Long gone:
1984 Mercury Capri 5.0 :(

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
2000 Ford Mustang V6 Saleen Body kit, 2 12" Infiniti perfects, 2200 watts. Home made Ram air :roll: MSRP 17,000...final selling price 7.000
yea baby! :roll:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Before the G was a '00 Integra Type R

1 - 20 of 539 Posts