Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to a local Nissan dealership here in Phoenix with my brand new coupe and people went bonkers!!! The sales men were bug-eyed!! They loved the car. The GM of the place came out to look at it and said "I don't like the slope lines, it's too husky, the 350 Z is better". After he left the rest of the sales force all told me they liked the G coupe much better than the Z.

I went to look at the new Maxima, and there were tons of people waiting to see it. But when thay saw the coupe sitting out there.....they started looking at my ride.

People if you're driving a coupe you are the envy of most on the road [clapper]

BTW--anyone seen the new Maxima? The front and rear are very similar to the g-coupe. The headlight/tail-light structures are quite a bit alike.

DRIVING A FAST CAR!---
5AT COUPE--IVORY PEARL/ GRAPHITE INTERIOR

·
Registered
153 Posts
I am not a bog fan of the new maxima...something about it...i perfer the model b4...it was real nice...

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Seems to be just me but I like the new Maxima's...especially what they put in the engines...very nice!

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

Seems to be just me but I like the new Maxima's...especially what they put in the engines...very nice!

'03 G35 Sedan.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The engine is great! (of course we may be biased seeing as how we have the same engine in our vehicles)The car's design itself strikes me as very bland. Kind of, lets say Ford Taurus-ish. The price of the car plus the over-production of it kills the re-sale on it (I had a 2000 Maxima before my coupe). The interior is very space efficient--They also have an option to have two buckets in the back. The weird thing is that they have two "skylights" in the car. [dunno]

All things considered I am extremely happy with my coupe--this car has passion and purpose....and of course sex-appeal baby!![;)]

DRIVING A FAST CAR!---

·
Registered
172 Posts
backdoc, youre in AZ too? wow, there seem to be a lot of AZ coupe fans here. i saw another coupe the other day, blue with the aero package. I like it (aero) better in person than in pictures but it's still very ugly and so not worth the money. I LOVE that blue. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Still looking for a prom date....maybe I shouldn't spend so much time online.

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tmartin316

backdoc, youre in AZ too? wow, there seem to be a lot of AZ coupe fans here. i saw another coupe the other day, blue with the aero package. I like it (aero) better in person than in pictures but it's still very ugly and so not worth the money. I LOVE that blue. Beautiful. Simply beautiful.
Still looking for a prom date....maybe I shouldn't spend so much time online.

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!
Yeah I am in Phoenix......I think that we have quite a few more coupes out here than many other cities (not that they're all over the place or anything!) The Infiniti dealerships are high volume.....(Phoenix population 3.25 million-----> Infiniti Dealerships=3)So if all the talk about allocation of vehicles is true then we have more access to coupes. When I bought mine, There were more 6MT's available than 5AT's on the lot! I like my Aero package.....it "completes" the car...(oops sounds like Jerry Maguire)
Tmartin.....I think I would jump all over the blue if it was a deeper blue.

BTW: I learned that the blue is going to be phased out this year. Apparently Infiniti will add and drop one color per model year.

DRIVING A FAST CAR!---

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if they phased out CB next year. Like it or not, it's definitely the most "progressive" in terms of car colors. Manufacturers always like to try out 1 agressive color to see how it sticks (Xterra yellow, Z/Murano/FX Orange, etc). Red, White, Black, and Silver are all pretty standard for sports cars -- and DG and DP, while new, are both within the range of luxury car colors we've seen in some form or another. From what I can tell, CB has not been met with a lot of enthusiasm. I know some people like it, but in general I think it's the one with the fewest number of fans. Personally, I didn't like the fact that they used for the quicktimes on infititi.com to showcase the car. I think they had far better choices in the other colors. Of course, color is highly subjective so I'm sure there will be some who disagree. I do think they'll probably come out with another "wildcard" color to replace it... and I'm quite eager to see what it is!

-Ken

-------
impatiently waiting for my Diamond Graphite...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

I liked the blue...thought it was different!

'03 G35 Sedan.

I agree. I wouldn't have these colors for me, but I am not going to put them down because they are appealing to the eye and are definately innovative. Specially with the new trend in being different amongst young drivers now a days.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Like I said... I'm sure there will be some who disagree. [boxing] But that's why they make different colors. So everyone can have one they like. I didn't mean to come across as putting it down. Merely stating an observation.

-Ken

-------

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Like I said... I'm sure there will be some who disagree. [boxing] But that's why they make different colors. So everyone can have one they like. I didn't mean to come across as putting it down. Merely stating an observation.

-Ken<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Gotcha Ken, just wanted to put my personal thoughts on the table. I am happy with my color, and think every one has the right to be happy with the one that they like best. However, whoever wants a CB coupe must act quickly because like Ken said before, it's a limited time offer since sales figures for the CB are not as explosive as the other colors...

XL

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Right on -- and the fact that it might be going away potentially makes it more of a unique collectors' item -- if you're into that sort of stuff.

-------

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Right on -- and the fact that it might be going away potentially makes it more of a unique collectors' item -- if you're into that sort of stuff.

-------

Like you said, some people will get the Carib. blue just for the collector's benefit. My sales exective said that the speclation for next year's color is a green of some sort. Like he had told me there will be a new color for every year, so maybe Infiniti expects the revolving color to be low in general sales/appeal, but this makes no sense to me.[dunno]

The green could be nice like a metallic of some sort, but I think the overall shape and lines of the coupe will not be great in green.

DRIVING A FAST CAR!---

·
Registered
1,595 Posts

No problem at all Kloh...everyone's entitled to their own opinion and like you said, thats why they make different colors. I just personally like colors that aren't the same ones you see day-in day-out. Just like my fav color on the new 350Z is burnt orange and love that blue and puke yellow on the new M3's as well...different colors that hardly no one else has. I am glad I went with the dark blue on my car, I hear that's the color they have done away with and replaced it already with Carib. blue.

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I have to agree on the burnt orange for the Z. It also looks great on the Murano and FX. When I first saw photos of it I sorta went "huh?" but after seeing the car in person, it's more like "wow!"

-------

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Garnet Fire looks badass on G35's! I'm not a red car person, but it looks amazing.

XL

·
Registered
7 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by backdoc

Like you said, some people will get the Carib. blue just for the collector's benefit. My sales exective said that the speclation for next year's color is a green of some sort. Like he had told me there will be a new color for every year, so maybe Infiniti expects the revolving color to be low in general sales/appeal, but this makes no sense to me.[dunno]

The green could be nice like a metallic of some sort, but I think the overall shape and lines of the coupe will not be great in green.
They are taking this rotating color thing from motorcycles. A lot sportbikes have a rotating color scheme. Seems to be a way to make people feel "individualized" without having to change any engineering.

'03 G35 Coupe 6MT
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by auburntigerz

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by backdoc

They are taking this rotating color thing from motorcycles. A lot sportbikes have a rotating color scheme. Seems to be a way to make people feel "individualized" without having to change any engineering.

'03 G35 Coupe 6MT
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

I see what you mean by the uniqueness of having a certain color. The "individualization" will be clearly evident in a few years time when the color is known to be rare. In other words for just a few colors, you'll be able to tell which model year a car is, and on top of it, have a rare color as well.

DRIVING A FAST CAR!---

1 - 20 of 20 Posts