Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The CL-S leaves tomorrow for "after lease land" and I can turn my full attention to the beautiful red G35. The CL was wrecked 3 weeks ago right before th end of lease. I got hit from behind and it drove me into the car in front of me. The insurance totaled the riced out Honda Civic that caused the whole thing.

Anyway, I had the 3M Clear Bra installed on the G35 last week and tomorrow it's getting tinted. Here's pic #1:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
[bigeyes]ohh...It's SO clean...Looks like liquid...That red looks great when its clean.[clapper]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Red/Willow is a great combo. Very nice. [clapper]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sweet! I am waitng for my coupe in the same color! Just without the sunroof and wing. Sucks NJ makes you wear a front plate doesnt it?!

Who did you use for the clear bra? When you get the tinting done, post some pics, I was thinking about getting it on mine as well and would love to see how it looks with the red paint.

Ernie

Red/Graphite 6MT G35 Coupe (on Order)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Beautiful ride GTO! Nice options too!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, guys. I just can't drive this enough. I can't imagine how I put up with a CL with an auto tranny for 39 months!. Yes, it does suck that NJ requires front plates. Soon, I will move to a rear plate only state like Arizona!

As to the query from aesalazar of where I got the clear bra installed, I did a search on the net for 3M ClearBra and it routed me to a guy in Denville NJ. AB Enterprises I think. He charged me $375 for the kit and installation. No sales tax if I paid him cash. [boink]

·
Registered
6 Posts
It seems there are more than one kit for the G. What kit did you get?
What part/area it covers? I am thinking to put it on, I called around in Houston, Southwest Infiniti wants to charge $575, and another installer has several options to choose from.

kinschan

·
Registered
60 Posts
GTO2050-

Are you coming to the meet in Connecticut this Saturday? Not sure where Pequannock NJ is, but you can't be too far away. I'd love to see that red up close (I have the caribbean blue with no spoiler- otherwise looks the same).

Skip Barber Graduate

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by BlueStreak

GTO2050-

Are you coming to the meet in Connecticut this Saturday? Not sure where Pequannock NJ is, but you can't be too far away. I'd love to see that red up close (I have the caribbean blue with no spoiler- otherwise looks the same).

Skip Barber Graduate
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I really wanted to but I will be in California this weekend. The Lime Rock part got me as I too am a Skip Barber graduate!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kinsg

It seems there are more than one kit for the G. What kit did you get?
What part/area it covers? I am thinking to put it on, I called around in Houston, Southwest Infiniti wants to charge $575, and another installer has several options to choose from.

kinschan
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">I got the basic kit which includes the 18" deep piece for the hood and matching pieces for the fenders above the headlights. Did you notice that Infiniti actually uses the same stuff in front of the rear wheels? Check it out. There is a kit for the lower portion but I didn't get that one.

I don't believe the hard painted rubber pieces will chip as easily as the hood. A body shop told me that the EPA has cracked down on the type of primer used by the manufacturers and that is why the paint chips so easily. It seems to affect metal more than hard rubber.

Do a search on google for 3M Clear Bra and find a installer that way. Infiniti doesn't install it. They will just find or have found a local installer who does it. They are probably making a markup on his work.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yo GTO!!!

Car looks great...so strange you went through an accident too. I'm sure you heard about my CL-S...smashed by a drunk driver 3 weeks ago when my deal on the G was already done [banghead]

pics of my WRECK here http://public.fotki.com/tmk70

I pick up my Silver 6MT with NAV on Saturday and I have to say I've never been so fired up for anything in all my life!!! Your car looks great, man. I'm off to the tinter probably next week....gotta darken it up a bit. [cheers]

Silver 2003 G35C 6 Speed Premium/NAV

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Speeking of CL-S..I just drove my grilfriend home in hers..Is there a LOVE face?[jump2][^][:D]...I'm on top of the world right now!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tmk70

Yo GTO!!!

Car looks great...so strange you went through an accident too. I'm sure you heard about my CL-S...smashed by a drunk driver 3 weeks ago when my deal on the G was already done [banghead]

pics of my WRECK here http://public.fotki.com/tmk70

I pick up my Silver 6MT with NAV on Saturday and I have to say I've never been so fired up for anything in all my life!!! Your car looks great, man. I'm off to the tinter probably next week....gotta darken it up a bit. [cheers]

Silver 2003 G35C 6 Speed Premium/NAV
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Hey tmk....imagine seeing you here! [boink] Yup some young kid in a riced out Honda Accord ran up the back of mine and caused about $3700 in damage. I got it fixed and had GE Cap come get it. You can see mine here: http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=4291015655

1 - 14 of 14 Posts