Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Found this board from another poster at freshalloy and thought I would stop by. Looks like a nice forum. As for myself, I ordered a 6MT sedan in December and it is due to arrive in NJ on March 3rd. Can't wait. I'm coming out of a 95 Maxima SE 5sp, which has a 3 liter version of the VQ that's standard on the G35. It has always been an awesome engine, good for high 6 second 0-60 runs while still returning low 20's around town and 30+ on the highway. I always loved how it has abundant torque just off idle, which makes driving in traffic much easier. The max can easily pull from idle in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear. If there are any current 6MT sedan owners here, can you comment on how easy or difficult the car is to drive in bumper to bumper traffic?

Boones

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Congrats on the new ride boones. I myself have an Auto. so I can't really answer your question accurately. BUT mine is a pleasure to drive around town...[:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

Congrats on the new ride boones. I myself have an Auto. so I can't really answer your question accurately. BUT mine is a pleasure to drive around town...[:D]

'03 G35 Sedan.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thanks Chaz. I guess there aren't many 6MT owners here at 6MT.net? ironic.

Boones

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
You're more likely to find coupe owners with the 6MT I would think.

I have the coupe and live in Phoenix. We have really nasty traffic here what with the doubling population every few years. The city wasn't built to carry this load.

I have no trouble with it at all. In truth, I don't understand those that worry about traffic and a manual. Outside of North America, everyone drives a manual with the exception of the handicapped. Why Americans seem to have more trouble with this than the rest of the world, I'll never know.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I prefer a manual in traffic. I guess I'm just used to manual, my 1st car was, so was my second. Now I've got an auto and hate it [rage]

I think most of the coupe owners here are 6MT'ers. The sedans are a different story, but soon that may change [:D]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
41 Posts
I find the 6MT is great in traffic. When I need to make a lane change I am always in the right gear. This way, I blend right in with the oncoming traffic in the other lane. What I find with an automatic is that it first needs to find the right gear, then it takes a second for the car to respond (probably the torque converter). [banghead] With the manual this is seamless. Funny that I noticed this on my commute in this morning...

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Exactly. One thing I HATE about autos is turning corners. When driving a manual, I throw it into second so I have power when I come out of the turn. WIth an auto, you have to wait until you're out of the turn, gas it, wait for the tranny to kick into a lower gear, etc. Even the ManuMatics aren't that great because they're sequential.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by boones

Hey all. Found this board from another poster at freshalloy and thought I would stop by. Looks like a nice forum. As for myself, I ordered a 6MT sedan in December and it is due to arrive in NJ on March 3rd. Can't wait. I'm coming out of a 95 Maxima SE 5sp, which has a 3 liter version of the VQ that's standard on the G35. It has always been an awesome engine, good for high 6 second 0-60 runs while still returning low 20's around town and 30+ on the highway. I always loved how it has abundant torque just off idle, which makes driving in traffic much easier. The max can easily pull from idle in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd gear. If there are any current 6MT sedan owners here, can you comment on how easy or difficult the car is to drive in bumper to bumper traffic?

Boones
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The dealership was spot on regarding delivery dates. The car arrived at the dealership this past saturday, but I was out of town and couldn't pick it up. Delivery is scheduled for today at 9:30AM. I could've slept in since I took the time off of work, but I can't sleep, I just see visions of 6speed transmissions in my head. haha. Only 2 more hours!

Boones

1 - 11 of 11 Posts