Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Just so you know, we aren't interested in pics of the VIN. We want pics of the G. :)

Kal.

'04 G35 Coupe 6MT, Black/Black, Premium Package, Aero Package w/Spoiler

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ordered a coupe last week and was told that it would be in on July 2nd (from Japan). Is it necessary to ask the dealer for the VIN number? I see alot of people that request this and I'm not sure how it helps me get the car any more than not having it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not to burst your bubble, but my G was special ordered from Japan. I ordered it on April 17, and it is due on 7/4. If you get your car as quick as you say, you're doing well.

To answer your question, having the VIN allows you to get insurance and work on financing. I just got insurance today.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Financing was taken care of through dealer (Nissan motors). Dealer will take care of insurance (calling my agent, etc.).

I needed to get the car quickly, so I called pretty much every dealer within 100 mi. of my house and asked what they had in stock (no 6mt's with my options), if they accepted VPP, and what they had coming in on their next shipment. Finally found one 90 miles from my house that matched what I wanted. Did all the financing paperwork over the phone and left a deposit.

I hope they don't try and screw me over.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in Atlanta and I ordered my G back in early March. The local dealer confirmed a July 2nd delivery date as well. I'm assuming that this is the date that the car makes it to the dealer and not when it arrives state side. It's been quite a wait and the dealership has been less than professional about it. I'm just waiting to my G and move on. Good luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those idiots!! When I got my VIN, the guy said JULY 4th. Someone called me back and said AUGUST 4!!! This SUCKS!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I feel for you, kurgen. That really sucks, to be led on like that then beat like a red-headed stepchild.

Good luck.

Kal.

'04 G35 Coupe 6MT, Black/Black, Premium Package, Aero Package w/Spoiler

·
Registered
253 Posts
I had ordered mine on March 28th or so and it came in last Friday so you may get it earlier then that. The dealership had told me originally it would take 120 days which put it around middle of august but it came in less then 90 days.. I would keep a look out.

'04 G35C
Brilliant Silver 5AT
Graphite Leather
Premium Package
18" Performance Tire & Wheel Package
splash guards

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
The 4th is a Sunday delivery, will not probably get your ride till Wednesday. Tough break, but worth the wait...

2004 G35 Coupe|5AT| Brilliant Silver|Graphite Leather|Premium|Perfomance|Aero|Pictures

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey everyone! Great news here! Send us your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), and we will send you a free vehicle history report for the first 20 users.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts