Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are 3 clips I edited/mixed from the Chicago Auto Show.

The first is the Acura piece here

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?show_all=0&id=4290614593&start=171

The second is the Crossfire Piece here

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?show_all=0&id=4290614593&start=171

The 3rd is the Pontiac G6-GTO-Grand Prix piece here

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4290614435&p=4237617735&idx=177

Let me know what you think.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S
2001 Lexus RX300 Silversport

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Ok, you're going to have to give us the names of the songs you used in those!

That G6's rear reminds me of the CL:

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Ok, you're going to have to give us the names of the songs you used in those!

That G6's rear reminds me of the CL:

6-speed
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The G6 clip is from Art of Noise, the album name is "The Seduction of Claude Debussy". Dont ask me the name of the song. Which other clip do you wonna know about?

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

Built by General Motors Holden in Australia called the Monaro, 350 hp and priced under 30K.

2003.5 Blue Sedan

I'm really excited to see Holden's products FINALLY making it to the US and the market here is sadly lacking with rear wheel driven, two door V8's, but I wish they hadn't made the reintroduction of the GTO look like another Grand Am.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Nice, I liked that G6 song. What is Holden... is that like SVT for Ford? I think the GTO could really pull Pontiac up with the big boys assuming the don't bastardize it.

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VQ

Nice, I liked that G6 song. What is Holden... is that like SVT for Ford? I think the GTO could really pull Pontiac up with the big boys assuming the don't bastardize it.

6-speed

The Australian automotive market is totally different from the rest of the world. They want big V8 gas guzzling, pollution hogs. Basically, they're tastes are akin to the US in the sixties and seventies without any of the legislation we have here now. As a result, GM has a subsidiary that does cars just for that market. They make some killer cars, far better than ANYTHING GM releases to the US market.

The Monaro, which is being rebadged as the new GTO, is the first of those cars to make it to the US, though with all the wimpy crap that comes along with our green laws.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

6-speed

Brad, Holden is the Australian subsidiary of GM's. The European subsidiary is called Opel.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That's sweet! I knew about Opel, but had never heard of Holden. I assume that's where the GTO is coming from.

Downloading the Caddy vid now... [^]

6-speed

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

That's sweet! I knew about Opel, but had never heard of Holden. I assume that's where the GTO is coming from.

Downloading the Caddy vid now... [^]

6-speed

The GTO is based on the Holden Monaro. Search for pics on the web to see how similar they look. Many say the Monaro looks better up front.

Gabriel,
2001 CL Type S

1 - 15 of 15 Posts