Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My G35 sedan recently started making a strange vibration noise at speeds of 50 mph or higher. It sounds like a deep metal friction noise, but it could also be a wind vibration noise. It sounds and feels like the car suddenly starts moving on a rougher surface, and the gas pedal also starts to vibrate as if that was the case, but it happens on any surface. It seems to depend only on the speed of the car - the problem goes away when the car slows down. Steering the car or braking has no effect on this problem. I took it for a ride with the mechanic at the local Infinity dealer, who acknowledged the problem, but he has no idea what causes the problem. Has anyone experienced this problem? Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I too had a vibration metal type noise that seemed to be coming from the back. I actually have not heard it in a while...or I just got so use to it and I drown it out now. I also noticed on bumpy roads and high speeds my passenger seat will rattle a bit...really weird!

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your comments, but I think that the problem with my G35 sedan can be serious, especially if it is left untreated.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Find a different dealer and report yours to Infiniti Consumer Repair.

As to the rattle, I vaguely remember seeing a TSB that might have been issued for this. There's a list somewhere on FreshAlloy.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
I would go to another dealer and have them check it out. You might have a wheel bearing problem, may a U-joint going bad. There are many things it could be. I would not want to be driving it waiting for it to fail. Good luck

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan
2003 Z06 Corvette

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Find a different dealer and report yours to Infiniti Consumer Repair. As to the rattle, I vaguely remember seeing a TSB that might have been issued for this. There's a list somewhere on FreshAlloy.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Thank you for referring me to FreshAlloy and introducing me to TSBs - I did not know about these resources. The dealer now thinks that it may be an A/T problem, and the TSBs vaguely point in that direction as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts