Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do all your shifters vibrate? because i know old cars do that. I had a brand new VW VR6 and the shifter never moved a little inch and you coul dnever feel its minor vibrations either after the car turned out to be a lemon i got this G35 and the shifter is vibrating. Is this because my g35 is a Japanese car and my VW was German??

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I test drove a CB coupe about 2 months back, and noticed the same thing. Many people will probably not care much about it, some will. I kind of find it more perrormance-like, as it adds extra feel to the car and it's potent motor.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
96 Posts
The 6mt shifter vibrates a lot. A very fast buzz, actually. I like it though, because it's the only part of the car that actually communicates the chaotic energy of the drivetrain. Power trip, stuff.

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
41 Posts
It vibrates b/c it is connected to the drivetrain. That being said, you shouldn't rest your hand on the shifter...

·
Registered
2 Posts
The G35 is RWD so the shifter conects directly to the transmission undrneath it. The VW is FWD so the shifter is sitting by itself on your floor with only a cable connection to the transaxle under the hood. It's a difference between RWD and FWD, not Japanese and German.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Welcome to RWD, gentlemen. Feedback from a sports coupe is a good thing.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
great!...i was beginning to worry a little....i actually like the vibrationg cuz it gives the car a more sporty feel i guess. I LOOVE THIS CAR!!! [:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
96 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Feedback from a sports coupe is a good thing.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

True. But this is the sedan forum!

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite

·
Registered
869 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by robertr

The G35 is RWD so the shifter conects directly to the transmission undrneath it. The VW is FWD so the shifter is sitting by itself on your floor with only a cable connection to the transaxle under the hood. It's a difference between RWD and FWD, not Japanese and German.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What you mean is, the difference between two different mechanisms, the VW uses a different mechanism (i.e. cable/pulleys), while the G35 and my Honda Civic use a much more direct mechanism (i.e. linkages). the difference is, the G35 and the Civic both directly connect to the transmission and can transmit vibrations from the engine to the shifter, the cable type shift mechanism cannot transmit the same vibrations. It is neither good nor bad, but you may have a preference. The only thing you should not do, especially on a direct linkage, is rest on the shifter; you can wear down the cogs in the tranny.

AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]

2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-Man

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Feedback from a sports coupe is a good thing.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

True. But this is the sedan forum!

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite

Do you have any idea how often I make that mistake...

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi OnDo you have any idea how often I make that mistake...

Don't feel bad Semi, my original "lowering" thread took place in the coupe forum... [lol]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

1 - 11 of 11 Posts