Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have also posted this on the 'Racing' forum...

I encountered a civic on the toll booth this morning. It's engine definitely growled like a B18C. It was a white 1999 EX trim coupe lowered on Integra stock wheels (The chromy 15 inch high polished 6 spoke slanted version found on all the 1998 and above models.) We both came out of the toll simultaneously and punched it. We actually raced on the 360 degree expressway ramp (WARNING: Do not practice this maneuver without the VDC on!) The stability my car maintained is what won the race. The civic was loosing its tail and over steering like a mofo, and let off on his gas while the G35 made quick work of the sharp ramp while accelerating in the mid 60's. A very dangerous maneuver that I don't plan on trying again. The adrenaline rush encountered while racing does not allow for common reasoning, so "not racing" was obviously NOT one of the options. Regardless of the matter, drive carefully guys, and don't succumb to every individual that tries you on the road, as there are a lot of hazards out there, aside from putting a $40,000.00 car and your life in danger. Take it easy!

Xzel

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
119 Posts
Was it all VDC or do you think the Front Wheel Drive of your "competitor." played a factor? I have had a few encounters with other FWD's and they seem to lose it when the corners get hairy, or as in your case, extreme. I have had some with VDC and some without, but the G35's RWD's inherent advantages seem to bring it through. I also highly recommend the VDC in all un-controlled cornering, unless, you like the sound of chewing up those tires and risking the inevitable spin out. Be careful out there!...This car rocks!

G35/S/6MT DP over Graphite, Premium.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kfreefall

Was it all VDC or do you think the Front Wheel Drive of your "competitor." played a factor? I have had a few encounters with other FWD's and they seem to lose it when the corners get hairy, or as in your case, extreme. I have had some with VDC and some without, but the G35's RWD's inherent advantages seem to bring it through. I also highly recommend the VDC in all un-controlled cornering, unless, you like the sound of chewing up those tires and risking the inevitable spin out. Be careful out there!...This car rocks!

G35/S/6MT DP over Graphite, Premium.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Very good point K, I couldn't agree with you more completely.

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've yet to see the VDC do anything other than arrest the car at the slightest provocation. I have not seen any "control", I've only witnessed Shutdown.

Was the VDC light actually blinking during your excercise ? It would be understandable, though, if you had other things to watch. ;^)

My guess is you were pre-occupied with the task at hand and VDC luckily let you have your fun. If it had kicked in you would've defnitely had a great glimpse of your rival's taillights.

-- Brent
"4DR Z"
Black 6MT Sedan
Austin, TX

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I'm with you herridge.

xzellerate,

Was the "slip" light actually lit on the dash to indicate that the VDC was keeping you in control? I've pulled some pretty hairy turns in this car without the VDC ever activating so my initial impression wasn't that the VDC helped you win, but the car's ridiculous handling.

Regards,
Semi

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

1 - 5 of 5 Posts