Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(While I found many links concerning VDC and installing a switch, I found none that involved my issue, so I am starting a new thread. If this is redundant, please relocate the post to the correct thread, moderators. Thanks).

I finally got around to installing a toggle switch on the orange wire to my YAW Sensor today, and initially in testing, I had no issues. The switch worked exactly as it should have, but once the panels were all reassembled, the VDC AND Slip lights stayed lit, regardless of toggle switch orientation. So...I yanked it all back down, and removed my wiring, and re-attached the orange wire to itself in original form, and again, the lights still stayed on. I replaced the 50 amp maxi fuse under the hood, but my issue persisted. I am thinking that I either fried the YAW sensor, or there is another fuse that controls this system. My reader picked up 2 codes: C1145 "YAW rate sensor system" and C1146 "Side G-sensor circuit". I expect at least the first code when the system is toggled off, but the second code had me baffled, and may well point to another issue that has popped up from my meddling. Any ideas? Thank you very much.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should add that I found YT vid that showed the process for replacing the power wire. It was helpful and promising. My wire is getting "wandering" power, though not a full 12v constant, and that may be the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would be interested to know how much current the YAW sensor draws, if anyone knows, as I am going to find another power source for the YAW, and do not want to overtax the circuit I select. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts