Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked with Phil from stillen performance and he gave me the following update on their parts that they are releasing for the G.

Full exhaust should be out in about two weeks.
Headers should be released in about a month.
Supercharger should be out in about three months. They are making two models of the S/C. One for California and one for the rest of us. He said that the numbers on the complete exhaust boosted about 13 HP on the dyno. When installed with the headers, the total gain was around 30 HP. He could not give me any numbers on the S/C, but he said that the gains were sick. The S/C is going to cost more than the one for the Z. Probably around $4000 would be my guess. Also he said that they are offering the CAI from Injen and some suspension kits for that car already. Hope this helps someone.

Josh

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Jo, so from an intake/header/exhaust combo I can have a clean 300bhp?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather Sport/Premium/Aerokit

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
[bowdown]

Great info Jotay [thmsup]

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Word up!

XL

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Jo, so from an intake/header/exhaust combo I can have a clean 300bhp?

XL

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I am not sure about if that would give you 300 at the rear wheel, but I am sure that you would easily see that at the flywheel. The exhaust is estimated around 13 by itself and the headers are supposed to be at least 20 by alone. Combining the two should actually provide more than 33. That would get you what you wanted. He also said that they designed the exhaust to sound very similar to the factory sound. That was important to me. Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Josh

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Don't worry about that Josh, you took the time to do the research and speak to Stillen directly... something we all appreciate. Besides, like you, I am currently on standby for any mods due to warranty, so waiting a little for updates doesn't hurt me too much now... Thanx!

XL

·
Registered
4 Posts
I doubt that you will see 30 hp increase even with the CAI, header and cat-back system installed. You simply cannot add the advertized hp together like what they claimed. Realistily, I would say 15-20 hp is about the max that you can see with the full outfit. Very likely, CAI will give you the most bang for the buck, and cat-back is more for sound than hp gain unless your car's engine is heavily mod and eventually the exhaust will become the next restritive bottle neck which you need to improve. Hope this will help.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Speedy_K

I doubt that you will see 30 hp increase even with the CAI, header and cat-back system installed. You simply cannot add the advertized hp together like what they claimed. Realistily, I would say 15-20 hp is about the max that you can see with the full outfit. Very likely, CAI will give you the most bang for the buck, and cat-back is more for sound than hp gain unless your car's engine is heavily mod and eventually the exhaust will become the next restritive bottle neck which you need to improve. Hope this will help.

This information is right on. Speedy, do you really think that the horsepower gains in the Coupe vs the Sedan are accurate? Or might the two have similar levels and the Coupe is advertised as more for variation in marketability and distinguishing of performance classes?

XL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jotay:

Nice information from Stillen. What about the Air Intake system that they're selling for $260. Do u guys think its worth the money or just drop a factory fitted K&N replacement?

That Black on Black 4DR "G" car

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I would go K & N Drop in at first, then the CAI after warranty, but that's just me. However, I might even decide against a CAI cause down here in Miami we get some flooding once in a while, and hydrolock on a forty thousand dollar car is not something I look forward to! [hypno]

XL

·
Registered
336 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Gardiner

I saw a totaled BMW 740i at my friends salvage yard, the car looked fine and I asked what was wrong with it. It said it hydro-locked the engine.

2003.5 Blue Sedan

What do you mean the car looked fine if it was totaled. you must be hammered [banghead]

·
Registered
45 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Speedy_K

Really depends on how restricitive it was to begin with. I modded with I/H/E and got atleast 35 HP, Dyno proven with comptech mods to my Acura TL. So it is feasible. However, I'm not as familiar with Nissan/Infinti's stock exhaust/intake systems as I am Honda an Acura.
-Jedi

·
Registered
45 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

I would go K & N Drop in at first, then the CAI after warranty, but that's just me. However, I might even decide against a CAI cause down here in Miami we get some flooding once in a while, and hydrolock on a forty thousand dollar car is not something I look forward to! [hypno]

XL

If your worried about flooding with a dry set-up (Tube to the road) consider AEM, if it available for your car. They have a special part that will bypass the water from sucking up in to your intake.
-Jedi

1 - 16 of 16 Posts