Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[banghead]I took a rock right on the passenger side windshield down just above the windshield wiper this morning. Freakin' trucks. It looks like a bullet hole........ hey wait a minute, I live in New Jersey, it <font color="red">MIGHT</font id="red"> be a bullet hole! [bigeyes]

03 Laser Red 6MT | Willow int | No fancy stuff | 30% Tint and 3M Clear Bra

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
<font size="6">NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOO</font id="size6"><font size="5">OOOOOOOOOO</font id="size5"><font size="4">OOOOOOOOOOOOO</font id="size4"><font size="3">OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO</font id="size3"><font size="2">OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO</font id="size2"><font size="1">OOOOOOOO take me instead</font id="size1">

2003 Sedan 6MT | Sport/Aero/Premium | Desert Platinum/Willow | Fuzzy dice | Pictures

·
Registered
818 Posts
That happened to me in my last car...An Acura CL Type-S...Check your insurance...you may have glass coverage, which will replace n/c...unless it's microscopic, the resin bond does nothing....

·
Registered
316 Posts
Speaking of bad drivers in big trucks...
I'm on my way into work today and coming up on an overpass trafic starts to slow down and I can see it's backed up a bit. I was doing about 80 in the left lane and a big Ford Excursion behind me cuts all the way across the freeway (6 lanes) and starts driving up the hill to get to the off ramp that we just passed.

Black 2003.5 6MT - Willow - Nav - Premium - Performance - Tint - Nose mask

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I have a nice scratch on my hood for that very same reason. Happened maybe a week after taking possession.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Same thing happened to my old Integra. It bugged the hell out of me, but since it was a pretty old car by the time I got it, I never got it fixed. If it ever happens to this car though, you can bet it won't be there for long. I've been trying to keep my distance from any vehicle with big tires.

<font size="1">2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance</font id="size1">

·
Registered
550 Posts
I HATE TRUCKS TOO!!! [banghead] [banghead] [banghead] Get Around them FAST!!!

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey now! My old man is a truck driver! Let's stop a think about this for a second. A lagrge truck three times the size of your car is in front or beside you. Get away from it! I have had a Mazda Millenia for three years and have no scratches! Come on guys!

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This truck was in the right lane and was a gravel truck. I was 2 lanes over and the rock came from the side. Only I notice it as it is just above the black on the windshield in the middle of the passenger side.

As far as trucks go, yes they are necessary but there are a few courtesy items they can accomplish before taking this behemoth to the roads.

1. Cover the load.
2. Sweep any additional pebbles, rocks, etc. off the gate.

That would be nice.

03 Laser Red 6MT | Willow int | No fancy stuff | 30% Tint and 3M Clear Bra

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bummer.

But like they say "chips happen".

[bigeyes]

'03 G35 Coupe / 5AT / Carrib Blue / Willow Leather / Sport Wheels

1 - 11 of 11 Posts