Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I bought a g35 and it has 135k miles. It has been making this transmission chatter noise in neutral and at when revving at low rpms (1k-2k). I searched around and looked at a lot of forum posts saying that this is the flywheel chatter that a lot of g35s and 350zs make. I'm not sure if this chatter is too much? and that if I continue driving my trans could blow up? Need your guys' input

video:

0:04-0:05 is where i press the clutch in and the noise is gone. I shut off the car the end with clutch not pressed in and gets little bit louder as it shuts off.
I know that lightweight flywheel makes this noise but I have no idea if the clutch components have been changed in this car before.

here's some other videos I found from other people with this noise:

My noise sounds identical to this. What do you guys suggest? keep driving? or should I get the trans out and replace the clutch components?
appreciate any help I could get thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2008 G25 6MT has been doing that since I've had it...10 years. Mainly when it's been driven an hour or so. I've been told it's the dual mass flywheel and is nothing to worry about. I have had no problems with it. And I love to accelerate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts