Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok sports fans. Here’s the scoop from my day at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven, Michigan, but first some details:

· Track – 1.9 miles, 11 turns
· Temp – 53F and cloudy
· Tire pressures – 46 psi cold

There were about 45 cars at this track event. It was pretty much a practice day. There were 2 Porsche 911’s, one Lancer Evo, my G, a Buick??, one M3, one turbo RX7, 5 or 6 Z06’s, and the rest, assorted Corvettes. (Gardiner, you would have loved it!)

As I thought, the Z06’s and the C5’s pretty much kicked ass, but the G held its own with the rest. The RX7 was faster in both straights, but I caught him in all of the turns (and passed him once). The M3 was slower but probably due to the driver being a novice. One session, a ~1990 Vette, on slicks, was about a half lap ahead. I caught up to him, but couldn’t quite pass. After two laps like this, he fried his brakes and had to pull off. Hehe.

The Brembos held up fine. Very little fade, but softer pedal. For comparison, I drove a Viper at this track last year. The time was 1:40.5. My best time in the G was 1:45 flat. I figure I could have gained a second or two by braking later and shifting later. I was shifting at between 5500-6000 rpms, and was being a bit easy on the brakes. Action pictures on order. I’ll post them asap.

How do I post a picture?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donpalombella

How do I post a picture?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Hey Don, sounds awesome! Do you have somwhere to host your pictures? If you do, you post them there first, then you code it into your post with the URL of your picture. If you quote my post, you'll see an example of what the proper code will look like. Here's the sample pic:

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Very nice! I like the matching helmet too!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

1 - 5 of 5 Posts