Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one funny situation guys, so please read up...

The first month of owning my sedan, my friend's mom fell in love with it and offered to buy it. This family owns several blood testing laboratories and has a decent income, aside from already owning a white Jaguar S-Type 4.0, white 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser, and white 2003 Ford F350 (Obviously they are white car freaks so it didn't surprise me that they were interested in mine...) Now the funny part is that I originally went to the dealer to get a coupe, but freaked out with the delivery times, and went for a fully equipped sedan which compensated for the coupe for the time being since it was aero kitted and looked real sporty and elegant.

I am in love with my sedan, since I picked it out and had it specially fitted with the aero kit and sport package which makes it a totally different car, but If someone could buy it off of me, this might be my only opportunity to look into a coupe. My dealer has a Ivory Pearl/Graphite/Aero package/Sport/Premium 6MT coupe coming in at the end of June, and this would give me plenty of time to save up for a beefy down payment. This car could have my name on it! Any suggestions? Stay and pimp the sedan or move it and get the racey coupe? Any advice is appreciated although I know that the end decision is up to me...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
96 Posts
Personally, I think that you should jump on any opportunity that a) makes you happy, and b) doesn't financially crush you. I drove a 540i for 2 years and then fell in love with the manual tranny in the G35. People thought that I was crazy for "stepping down" to an Infiniti, but in the end, I'm still delighted and the long-term benefits the G35 (financially) really made sense. Good luck with your decision![cheers]

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I'm partial to the coupe myself so I'd go for it! But I'm just curious... if your friend's mom likes your car so much, why doesn't she just go out and get one?

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. Good point kloh.

[dunno]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I think is that since Ivory Pearl/Graphite Leather is the newest combination to the G35 sedan (all they had until now is pearl/willow), it's a more desired car plus the fact that this woman is a white car freak. Ivory Pearl isn't exactly white, but it's the closest thing to white in the line, so that's good enough for her to like it. Now that you guys mention it, I think she did go to several dealers and they didn't have this exact combo that she wants...

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

1 - 5 of 5 Posts