Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[banghead]

Made the mistake of taking my 6MT to an automatic ar wash where "They drive it through"...BIG MISTAKE

Just noticed a scuff on those beautifull 18" rims from the metal bar wheel aligner in the car wash!!! Anyone know of touch-up paint for those rims??

To everyone: If you have the tire and rim package...DON'T RUN YOUR CAR THROUGH THOSE AUTO CAR WASHES!!! Your rims are bound to get scuffed!!!

Learned the hard way!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
This is why it pays to read the forums. This exact topic was talked about months ago. Sorry you had to learn the hard way, crazymofo...[V]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No doubt!!!

Just found this forum today...

Have had my 6MT 4 weeks now...

Really minor scuff, but there goes PERFECTION!!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1CRAZMOFO

Just found this forum today...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

well, in that case, welcome to the forum, 1crazymofo... you'll find lots of info here!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Kloh!!

Found it lookin for drilled aluminum pedals...

How do you like the Navi??

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero...

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I like it quite a bit... but, it really is just a toy for me. It's only useful when I'm in unknown areas, or going to a new location for the first time, which is rare. But I have found that the Fuel Economy screen has turned out to be quite convenient.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you find it's worth the $2k??

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
worth is relative... but, given that I pretty much decided I was going to load this car up and enjoy it, I'd probably have to say, "yes." The more practical part of me, however, says, $2K is way too much for an "average" product. You can probably spend that much and get a better aftermarket one, but, it won't have the nice integrated look with the popup screen and all.

you thinking of adding one to your G?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I think what Kloh said about the navigation system is the probably the best way to put it for people wondering if they should purchase it. Well put man [grad]

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gonna need the cash for the $250/ea snowtires I'm gonna need here in Chicago in a few months... Thinkin of doing 245's all the way around, don't think you can mix sizes for the snows...

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
That Chicago weather's gonna be harsh on your G! [V]

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The good news is we also have a 4WD Ford Escape, and my wife and I work at the same company, so on snow days...IT AIN'T LEAVIN THE GARAGE!!! It's just that those Pilot's are WORTHLESS when it get's cold outside!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1CRAZMOFO

Thinkin of doing 245's all the way around, don't think you can mix sizes for the snows...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Yep! You can mix sizes; it's not a problem.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was the first and last one!!

I told my wife...Hand jobs only, from now on!![:I]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Where can I get the paint to touch up the rims? I was washing my car this weekend and discovered that I have about an inch and half scuff on the edge of the rim. Now that I see it I can't stop looking at it...

2004 G35C | 6MT | Diamond Graphite + Willow Leather

·
Registered
123 Posts
Did anyone ever find actual touch-up paint for the 18"-ers.....or at least has anyone found a good matching paint color??? Someone found a link to a Testors paint that was close match for interior "titanium" trim...hope there is similar experience that can be shared regarding our 6MT wheels.....

"uhh, no officer....how fast was I going??..."

2004 6MT Coupe/Brilliant Silver/Graphite Leather/Premium/Aero Kit 1/Splash Guards

·
Registered
122 Posts
I forgot what forum I read it in, but touch up paint for the flares of a 2001 4Runner Limited match very well.

2003.5 6MT COUPE: GRAPHITE/GRAPHITE / PREMIUM PACKAGE / AERO WITH REAR SPOILER / OEM FRONT LIP / JWT CAI / BORLA EXHAUST / 35% TINT ALL AROUND / POLARG LIGHTING

1 - 20 of 22 Posts