Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...I just signed the papers yesterday on my G35 6MT and I CANNOT WAIT for my car to come in. From the first time I saw it on the road, I knew I'd get one sooner or later. I felt the need to get out of my CLS while it was still worth something and I can't WAIT to drive the G35!!! I already have found a winter tire/rim package which will be paid for by me selling my SSR GT1's/Potenza S03's off the CLS...perfect!!!! July feels like a million miles away!!!!

Silver 2003 G35C 6 Speed Premium/NAV

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
congrats. Just hope your wait isn't too painful... [cheers]

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey tmk70,

What package did you put together for your winter wheels/tires? I'm going to need some too, so just curious what some people are buying (and how much they're paying!).

Thanks!

'03 G35 Coupe
6MT w/Aero Pkg
Brilliant Silver/Graphite

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the cheapest setup on tirerack.com which is 17" Sport Edition Fox 5 rims (149 a piece) and Bridgestone Blizzaks. The total shipped is 1206.00. Not bad as I just sold my SSR GT1's for 1200 bucks. [:D]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Droidac

Hey tmk70,

What package did you put together for your winter wheels/tires? I'm going to need some too, so just curious what some people are buying (and how much they're paying!).

Thanks!

'03 G35 Coupe
6MT w/Aero Pkg
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

·
Registered
21 Posts
TMK

You said you getting your car in July?

Did you order one right off the lot. If not these cars usually take 90-120 days from order to delivery.

On order - G-35 Coupe 6MT, Laser Red

·
Registered
10 Posts
tmk70,
did you check to make sure that the 17s will fit over the brembos? I have read in other forums that some 17s wont fit due to the brakes, I just hope that this isnt the case.

·
Registered
94 Posts
if he ordered from tirerack, unfortunately they prolly dont fit. of course i may be wrong. but to clear the brembos, you will need a wheel that has a "hi-disc" fitment. as of about 3 or 4 mos ago, tirerack only carried like 2 wheels that had that. i hope the fox' were one of them.....

Doc

DG/6MT/Prem/Nav/Attitude

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm getting them through Tirerack, yes...and yes, they only have 2 types of 17's for the car. I'll be calling them to order them, as I think the 245's they suggest are far too wide for Blizzaks.....I would think about a 215 or 225 at the widest for snow.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dave_c

TMK

You said you getting your car in July?

Did you order one right off the lot. If not these cars usually take 90-120 days from order to delivery.

On order - G-35 Coupe 6MT, Laser Red
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I got very, very lucky. I went into the dealer because they had a 6 spd available on the website at my dealer(of course it wasn't there). It just so happened that they JUST got the VIN's for their next shipment, one just happened to be exactly what I wanted and it's a 5 week wait from when I went in (last Thursday).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts