Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Share with us, how fast you've gotten your G up to...TELL THE TRUTH, NO BS Stories!!!

Got mine up to 110 mph on a "Private" road, not long enough to go faster...Seemed like it had PLENTY left...I think it tops out @ 150, if I'm not mistaken...[hypno]

'03 G35 6MT Diamond Graph/Graph/Aero/Prem

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
It is electronically governed at 156 MPH. I have seen my speedo read 152 before. I tend to hit the 140s about every other week or so just to remind myself that I am alive[hypno].

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Maybe we should have 2 CRAZMOFOs here.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Tomorrow!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
[hypno]me?[hypno], [hypno][hypno]CRAZY?!?![hypno][hypno]

no way [}:)]

| G35 Coupe | Obsidian Black w/ Graphite | 6 MT | Navi. | 15% tint on fronts 5% on the rest |

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm the 1CRAZMOFO of the seniors circuit...[smoking] Enjoy it now fellas, because it goes by QUICK!! Trust me!! [;)] Just don't do stupid sh*t to be cool and get yourself killed!!

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
most of the stupid stuff I do is for self betterment. When I am participating in the act I don't realize it. But after I look back and realize "wow, that was STUPID" I am amazingly bettered by it. Too bad I can't realize the better way without doing it the wrong way first. I guess that is just growing up.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Mistakes can be powerfull learning tools.

| G35 Coupe | 5at | Obsidian Black | Graphite | Premium | Performance | Tomorrow!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I've hit 148mph in my Sedan but not on the coupe..i had my digital camera and was going to take a picture or even video with my digital camera but totally forgot, my friend got the entire drive on camera though. After about 145mph the car accelerates really slow. I would say it takes about 2 seconds to go up a mph. I had the trunk full of cloths and gadgets for 2 person trip for 4 days.

2003.5 6MT Sedan

·
Registered
197 Posts
i hit 189 mph, it was about 3a.m.[clapper]...........OK! it was only 140, but im working on 153 to piss rlipps off[finger]

thanxs alot guys, any comments or help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
159 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by rlipps

It is electronically governed at 156 MPH. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Where have you heard this?

Everything I've read on the coupe has said that it does not have a top speed governor. Supposedly the mid 150's is supposed to be it's true top speed.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have only hit around 145 in mine. It is a little disappointing. It takes it so much longer to get there when compared to my bike. I have had the R1 up to an indicated 181. That is an amazing feeling. The car just does not have the same feel. Not that I am complaining, but it would take an ungodly amount in mods to get the same acceleration.

'03 G35 6MT Black Obsidian/Graph/Aero/Prem/Clear side markers/Drilled aluminum pedals

GFG1-5's on the way

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Tom, I have read it from multiple sources. When I get time I will try to find a link and post it.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Yeah, I've seen it all over also.

·
Registered
159 Posts
rlipps,

I looked over a few older magazines that I have at home and still have found no articles that claim the top speed of the coupe is artificially limited.

For example, there were two different articles in Car and Driver. Don't remember which month, but one of them had a 3 car comparison on the cover- the G35 Coupe vs Mazda RX-8 vs Mustang Cobra. In the article, they claimed that only the Cobra had a "limited" stop speed, which was 155. The G35 coupe also did 155, but it was not listed as "limited".

In other Car and Driver article, they tested a black G35 Coupe and got 158 mph as a top speed, and they said that it was "drag" limited, which indicates that the motor wouldn't pull any more after reaching 158 mph... in other words, the true top speed of the car.

BTW, they also showed that top speed is indeed in 6th gear in a G35 coupe. I think 5th gear topped out at 144 at redline, and it was still able to pull hard enough in 6th gear to go another 14 mph faster.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 1CRAZMOFO
Got mine up to 110 mph on a "Private" road, not long enough to go faster...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
MOFO, where is your private road??

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DonP....Barrington, IL....Father-n-law has a big spread, set back about 3/4 mile, went up there over the weekend and opened it up...He's got one of those new 7-series Beemers with that HIDEOUS trunk line!![thumbdn]

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice car...You wouldn't believe all the goodies this thing has..but THAT TRUNK...[crazy]

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Good info Tom2, I was trying to find the exact same Car&Drivers at my house today because I thought that I had read about it in one of those. Your info is correct then. Sorry to have mislead people. What you said about 5th is mostly true. The transmission is theoretically limited to 148.1 in 5th gear. Good find, and way to back it up[thmsup]. Unless I find any place that says otherwise as proof, then my saying it is governed at 156mph is false.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Freeway light traffic 110 mph, then started thinking about jail time, wife just would'nt understand so i backed it down (still had pedal to go). Friend works at local airport thats putting down a new runway working on one good run, will keep all posted. Take care and be safe.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts