Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I had to go see a friend that lives in Hollywood (About 45miles away), and I took Interstate 75 which is a very broad and rural expressway. I couldn't believe how stable this car is at 140mph! It practically felt like 75 or 60. It is truly unbelievable. Has anyone made it to this speed or a higher speed yet? Tell us your stories!

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
You lucky SOB. I've been too nervouse about the authorities.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I hit around 135 on the toll rd the other day (I say around because its hard to stare at the speedometer when going that fast). Had to slow down because I was coming up on other vehicles. I don't like hitting those kinds of speeds around other cars for obvious reasons. She was smooth as can be at that speed. Hope to hit the limiter at some point. There's nothing like the adrenaline rush you get when hitting the limit.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm gettin' all goose-pimply! Got to go take the G for a spin! [hypno]

2003.5 G35 Sedan 6MT
Silver / Graphite
Premium and Aero Packages

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have hit 130 many times...but not over. I too get a little worried of the authorities going that speed even though I have a V1 for back-up...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I definitely need a radar! The accelerator pedal only has two modes for me, On (Fully depressed), and Off (Neutral position).[lol] LOL

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'm right there with you XZ. Does wonders for the gas mileage, but who cares. Gas prices are falling anyway.

Speaking of which, I have been paying $1.79 for 93 octane in Houston. During my road trip, I had to refuel in Austin where the nav system let me know I was running out of fuel. So I did a search for the nearest Exxon and made a b-line. To my great surprise, they had 93 octane there for $1.40. Saved me almost $8 on a full tank. Pretty sweet!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm proud of all of you in the 130+mph club! I've been up to 145mph and the car still was pulling!

G-Class
G35s Black/Black
Prim/Sport

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by G-Class
I've been up to 145mph and the car still was pulling!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Now that I have yet to do! 140 and I just let go... I gotta make it to 160 next time!

XL

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
The car is governed at 153 if memory serves so you won't hit 160 without a new chip.

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
254 Posts
153? mine won't go over 147--been there a few times now--the governer is unlike that of other cars--u just can't go any quicker--no fuel cutout jerking or anything. It was still pulling at 145 though. Pretty stable too i think dif tires would help--215/55 goodyears -- i put pirellis on all of my other cars-- i think they handle better[finger]

CMEGOBYU
G35s Pearl,Sport,Aero

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by CMEGOBYU

153? mine won't go over 147--been there a few times now--the governer is unlike that of other cars--u just can't go any quicker--no fuel cutout jerking or anything. It was still pulling at 145 though. Pretty stable too i think dif tires would help--215/55 goodyears -- i put pirellis on all of my other cars-- i think they handle better[finger]

CMEGOBYU
G35s Pearl,Sport,Aero

I think I'm going to go with a 265/30/19 in the rear, and 235/30/19 in the front. Now next, the wheels... [boink]

XL

·
Registered
254 Posts
how the hell r u gonna fit 265's in there that is 2 inches wider than stock will u have to mod the wheelwells or something?[?][phatyo]

CMEGOBYU
G35s Pearl,Sport,Aero

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by CMEGOBYU

how the hell r u gonna fit 265's in there that is 2 inches wider than stock will u have to mod the wheelwells or something?[?][phatyo]

CMEGOBYU
G35s Pearl,Sport,Aero

If I can't swap to 265's in the rear, I swear I will tear up the rear end and put a whole Chevy 9 inch with Mickey thompsons! [lol]

XL

·
Registered
254 Posts
well u have fun there brother--in the meentime i will just get some sticky tires--i think it will be quite a bit cheaper than 19's and a new rear end--lol[bowdown]

CMEGOBYU
G35s Pearl,Sport,Aero

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

well u have fun there brother--in the meentime i will just get some sticky tires--i think it will be quite a bit cheaper than 19's and a new rear end--lol[bowdown]

CMEGOBYU
G35s Pearl,Sport,Aero

Actually, what I reasonably want, are a set of either Racing Hart C2 one piece 19s or Axis NE-O 19s with Toyo 245/35/19 in the back, and 225/35/19 in the front. That and the Eibach drop combined with Aerokit should make my car look complete. This summer is going to be kick ass with mods! Oh and by the way CME, the stock tires on the sport sedan are 180 treadwear, so if you are looking for stickyness, look no further than what you have on right now. [boink]

XL

·
Registered
254 Posts
damn-they sure don't feel like high perf tires--maybe they are just flexy--i still like pirellis--corner like no other[:D]

CMEGOBYU
G35s Pearl,Sport,Aero

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
True, true...

XL

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My number one excuse when a highway patrol pulls me over:

Officer: "Sir, if you can give me the best excuse I have ever heard, I will let you go"

Xzel: "Okay, I'll be honest. My wife ran off with a police officer three days ago and I though you was bringin her back!"

Officer: Have a nice day sir, you are free to go.

[lol]

XL

1 - 20 of 37 Posts