Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it common when opening or closing the top for the "trunk" part to close a little uneven? What I mean is when the trunk part comes down to close, one side contacts a little before the other side?

Let me know if this happens on yours.

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, its the trunk lid. Hits one side a little before the other. Is this a simple adjustment for the dealer?

Thanks

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,487 Posts
Is the lid even near the back window? You might have a bent hinge or just a rubber stopper that needs adjusting.

·
Super Moderator
27,333 Posts
does it close evenly once all the way down?

the way I'm reading your posts is that one corner leads the other as it is closing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took it in last Wed, just got her back today. They said even though it closes just a tad earlier on one side than the other, it is perfectly normal.

I had them fix a small air noise from the A piller area. Between those two issues they had to get the engineers in Japan on the phone to help them trouble shoot it and adjust the top 1/8 of an inch to get the top to sit evenly. What ever they did, there is no more air noise, and the top(which I didnt notice it sitting awkward before) sits nice.

Nothing changed for the trunk issue, so Ill keep an eye on it.

They also fixed a rattle in the back and replaced my battery and did something to the vent system. (Car wouldnt start after burning cds to the hard driver for about 5 hours in the assy position)

Glad to have her back!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts