Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Yeah ,, souped-up I guess they were. When many of us whom roamed the earth in the wig days and upgraded to wooden teeth, it was the chariot choice of the stable.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Someplace down the road, Dodge/Chrysler will have to pull their name from the mid as the most unreliable cars on the road. Every time I see a reliability survey on the web, Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler are at the bottom of the trash heap. Every-time I see a resale value comparison, they same guys are bottom feeders. The Japanese cars dominate those lists and now the Koreans. Ford is doing much better than the other US companies.

They still don't get it yet.

·
Super Duper Moderator
53,487 Posts
I was at a Ford dealer on Saturday and a decent Focus is $22 -24K. A decent Edge is about $35 - $40k.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
Someplace down the road, Dodge/Chrysler will have to pull their name from the mid as the most unreliable cars on the road. Every time I see a reliability survey on the web, Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler are at the bottom of the trash heap. Every-time I see a resale value comparison, they same guys are bottom feeders. The Japanese cars dominate those lists and now the Koreans. Ford is doing much better than the other US companies.

Could be they are just trying to compete with the mystique/echelon of Jaguar and Rover. Those type black marks have defined the brands for the past 40 years.

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts
The Dart was a respectable muscle car.
I had to drive my aunt's Valiant down a hill one time to get serviced. The scariest drive I've ever had. I didn't know if I was going to be able to stop the car..........for you young 'uns......Dodge Dart/Plymouth Valiant.

·
Registered
50,074 Posts
Could be they are just trying to compete with the mystique/echelon of Jaguar and Rover. Those type black marks have defined the brands for the past 40 years.
didnt ford buy both? they're just as terrible as ever.

·
Premium Member
35,666 Posts

They might now that Fiat is in the picture.

·
Premium Member
15,445 Posts
didnt ford buy both? they're just as terrible as ever.
Yeah ... lol.
I think of British Leyland Motors as the days of foreign cars that were 'dodgy', finnicky and troublesome but that somehow equated to the exclusivity of ownership.
Many were hampered with electrical gremilins.

In the past couple of years, I have noticed that Audi seems to have some containment of silly problems. It used to be rare when I'd see and fairly new if not brand new Audi traveling down the street with all rearward lights functioning properly.
Eight of ten had a light out or one brighter than the others or some type of improper synchronization in the sequence of tail light, brake light or turn signal function.
Were I an Audi owner at that time, I'd have found it a pretty humbling experience in a $40,000 vehicle days out of the showroom.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts