Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the bright idea of putting my toll tag in the sliding door for the sunroof. I thought it would safely stay in the door since there was still some double sided tape on it from my last car. Well, I'm guessing because of my erratic driving, it slid back into the roof where the sunroof goes in.

Any ideas on how to get it out?

[dunce]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
869 Posts
I guess if you were really desperate you could remove the roof lining...

Otherwise send it to the dealer?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

So I had the bright idea of putting my toll tag in the sliding door for the sunroof. I thought it would safely stay in the door since there was still some double sided tape on it from my last car. Well, I'm guessing because of my erratic driving, it slid back into the roof where the sunroof goes in.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I hate when that happens...

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good plan. I'll let the dealer handle it.

[:D]

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Hey lead,

does the sedan have card holders above the driver side door and under the sun visors? I keep my parking card under the passenger visor and it's been pretty convenient to get it out of there.

Only a real genius would use the sunroof door as a card holder [:D]

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

Only a real genius would use the sunroof door as a card holder [:D]
Hey now Ken,

It's not a card, it's about 1/4" thick, and the alternative is sticking it to the window next to the rear view mirror. I thought my idea was more aesthetically pleasing. I will put it there again when they fish it out. You can't stop me! [lol] Next time I'll make sure it's glued down.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
well, that exlains it then. We don't have too many toll roads here in so cal, so I just assumed it was some sort of credit-card type thing with a swiping strip. I'm curious now... how does it work? You just drive by some "reader" and it automatically lets you through?

-Ken

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
This is correct Kloh. You go through two special lanes for Toll-Tag users only and it has a reader at the top to read your tag and bill you.

LEAD...What the hell were you thinking man!!! Hahahah that is some funny stuff. Hope you get it out ok. I put mine sort of the right side of the rear-view mirror under the blue-tinted strip at the top of the windshield. You can barely see it from the drivers point of view and you CAN NOT SEE IT AT ALL from the outside of the car cause the tint strip at the top of the windshield is blocking it from view. Just put it there homie! hehe [:D] I can take some pics of it on my ride if you like to show you...?

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Hahaha sorry Lead but I have been LMAO thinking about you trying to get your Toll-Tag out...hehe guess you don't use your sunroof at all huh. I always leave the door open to the sunroof unless it is 100 degrees outside so my heat doesn't explode!!! Anyway was curious does it still work even though it is under your car hood rather than glass?
Curious...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
lead... you gotta admit, this is really funny!!

-Ken

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK guys, let it all out. I'll admit, it does sound funnier than it actually is. [^]

It worked fine where I had initially put it (for almost 3 months) with the double sided tape still tacky, but I had to take it out to read the number off (so that I could call it in that it was in a new car) and it got stuck to a piece of paper. When I pulled it of the piece of paper, I guess all the stickiness was gone and it wasn't very well secured. For those of you who didn't get it, I had it stuck to the plastic door (not the glass) between the door and the glass. So it was out of site all the time, yet it could still be read by the sensors at the toll booth through the glass.

I'll take it to the dealer this weekend and see what they can do and update you afterwards.

[lol]

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

well, that exlains it then. We don't have too many toll roads here in so cal, so I just assumed it was some sort of credit-card type thing with a swiping strip. I'm curious now... how does it work? You just drive by some "reader" and it automatically lets you through?

Ken, what's really cool is you can go through what they call the EZ-tag lane at 80 mph and it still reads it. It's basically a reader at around 20 feet in the air that reads the tags as they go by. They also have high speed cameras that take pictures of your license plates if you go through without one. They automatically send out tickets. It's a cool system.

Chaz, to answer your question, sometimes it reads it and sometimes it doesn't (through the roof).

·
Registered
14 Posts
On the Dulles toll road they call it EZ pass or something, and it's about 1.5 times the size of a credit card, and about 1/2" thick. It's just a little plastic white box that you're supposed to stick just above your rearview mirror, directly on to the glass. But I know for around here they tell you to slow down to like 30 or 35 when you go through, cuz they don't widen those ez pass lanes. I saw someone on here say they go through the ones near them at 80mph????? Holy snikes I'd have a heart attack if I (or someone I was riding with) did that at one of the dulles lanes!

Hey lead what if you got a shop vac and used the crevice attatchment to kind of try and suck the paper or whatever it is, back out towards the inside of the car? Might that work? Sorry I'm having a hard time visualizing just what your little pass thingy looks like.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
[lol][lol] Sorry, Lead, but the more you explain it, the funnier it gets. In any case, I do hope the dealer can get it out for you without too much hassle.

By the way, what's the speed limit there? If you go through at 80+ will that camera snap a picture of you and send you a speeding ticket? We have cameras mounted at traffic lights that do that here in CA.

-Ken

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

[lol][lol] By the way, what's the speed limit there? If you go through at 80+ will that camera snap a picture of you and send you a speeding ticket? We have cameras mounted at traffic lights that do that here in CA.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
No speeding tickets luckily. The speed limit is 70, but the flow of traffic is usually between 70 and 80. I was checking my toll tag record on line and noticed the last record it showed was right before my autocross last Sunday. That explains it. [lol]

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I too am still laughing at the thought of Lead all climbing on top of the car, pounding it, yelling and cussing for the damn thing to come out!!! BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA....LOL...oh man this is too much! Sorry Lead it is just funny stuff bro! [lol]

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Chaz, how about you stop laughing and come Autocross with me?

[:D]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA... chaz... autocrossing... BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

you know, I'm not sure why I find that so funny? It just seemed like the right thing to say... I guess you could replace "chaz" with "kloh" and it'd be even funnier, heh heh!

-Ken

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Stop the laughing. Everyone must be mad! [:(!]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts