Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just got his EVO VIII yesterday. He traded in a mint '99 Blue Civic SI, with only 13k on the clock, I couldn't believe it. I look at the car and I do love it, all of that sweet AWD power and the boost upgrade possibilities.

And then, something strange happened to me...
I stepped back and I realized that he just paid $32k for a car that is only 20hp more than the G35 Sedan that I want. He has no leather, he has no navigation, he has no reclining rear seats, and he has no stereo controls on the steering wheel.

I understood in my moment of introspection that I knew why I wanted the G35 above all other cars, because I am not trying to be the fastest, or look the coolest to the kids. It is because I want to be comfortable, and accomplished; I want to drive down the road for a change and show those old men driving Mercedes' and Lexus' that I am a young guy driving a car that only they should be allowed to afford. I can pull up to a nice restaurant and have my car valet and I can step out in a suit and I look good, not like a punk racer kid from the Fast and the Furious.

I am not furious; I just don't want to be one of them. I can be fast and classy, can't I?

AIM: Sirmilton3
MSN: [email protected]

2000 Civic SiR | Vogue Silver Metallic | ITR Leather | RH EVO C2's | VTEC

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I totally agree with you man. The only time I'm a bit jealous of the Evo's and the WRXs is at autocross when they're both pulling much faster times than everyone else. Those suckers cut through the courses like a hot knife through butter. After my mind wanders a bit though, I come to my senses and remember how totally bad-ass my car is.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a reminder, you are driving a luxury sports car at autoX and you are acting suprised that semi-rally cars are eating up the course... I am glad you come to your senses eventually.

You and i both know that if you leave your car outside the theater during 2F2F it will be there when you get back... and EVO or a WRX is less likely.

(I had a car stolen if you can't tell)

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">and the boost upgrade possibilities. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

What have you seen so far? I was under the impression that it was already pushing 19psi. I'd be afraid to boost that much further.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it has a turbo on it already, therefore, there are boost upgrade options, even if it means a new compressor, or low compression pistons... I didn't just mean turning up the boost.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Semi, it's good to have you back. Are you finding more time on your hands this week?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.