Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone help me out here, im scraping up enough to have my coupe, and with the 18" wheels....It crossed my mind, am I going to have to be springing for another set of (i'm sure they'd be expensive to replace) tires in 20,000 miles or what? Anyone have any information on the expected lifetime of these suckers? Have to admit the idea of buying new tires due to tread wear every year and a half kinda sux :)...
---Paranoid in Missouri---

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't see the reason why they can wear so much so fast. These 18's are not on a civic without a camber kit or anything like that which really eat up tires. They are Michelin which are are great brand and as long as you stay away from peel outs and rotate the tires ever so often i think you will be fine for 2 years if you don't get flats or damage the tires otherwise. My stock Michelins on my other car lasted me 2 and half years ...and i could i have kept going be wanted new tires. My car is drop without a camber...but i rotated them 3 times i believe b4 i changed the tires. Maybe a actual owner can help you out...but i think you really won't have a problem.

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I would expect more then 20K if you take care of them. Flaco is correct, the car is sitting on those tires perfectly, so as long as you don't peel out or take every turn like Jeff Gordon, you'll be OK [;)] There are a LOT more cars coming out with those tire sizes as well, so by the time you need them replaced, they'll be cheaper.

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
FYI

Expect to pay just over $200 for the fronts and $250 for the rears if and when you have to replace them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also thinking about getting some winter tires of some sort (but would of course need some 17" rims too).....do the sedan rims fit on the coupe? saw some of those stock wheels on ebay, otherwise probably a bit pricey from the dealer, that would of course add lifetime to tires but would just be splitting the traffic between 2 sets!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I don't see why the sedan rims won't fit the coupe...some people with sedans are demanding coupe rims on their sedans.

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
86 Posts
First let me start off by introducing myself. I just got a new 6mt and I love it. I am dying for some performance parts to come out. To answer a comment made earlier, I would not advise rotating the tires on your coupe at all. They are directional tires and the ones on the back are larger than the ones on the front. My recommendation would be to pay close attention to balance and not let the car go to long if you suspect any problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Mike, regarding winter tires. You'll need rims large enough to fit over the Brembo disks. My dealer tells me there will be a "cheaper" winter tire/rim package available in Aug. of this year.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would say 15000-20000 miles considering the tires cannot be rotated.
[bigmouth]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by FLaCo

I don't see the reason why they can wear so much so fast. These 18's are not on a civic without a camber kit or anything like that which really eat up tires. They are Michelin which are are great brand and as long as you stay away from peel outs and rotate the tires ever so often i think you will be fine for 2 years if you don't get flats or damage the tires otherwise. My stock Michelins on my other car lasted me 2 and half years ...and i could i have kept going be wanted new tires. My car is drop without a camber...but i rotated them 3 times i believe b4 i changed the tires. Maybe a actual owner can help you out...but i think you really won't have a problem.

FLaCo = SKiNNy
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been readin on other forums that people are removing the tires, swapping them side to side and remounting to accomplish a side to side rotation, thereby not violating the directional rotation and sizing differences between front and rear.

I've had tires removed and remounted. It cost me about $100 each time, because they have to rebalance. Assuming a rotation every 7K miles (like some are talking about) and tires that wear out in ~20K miles, you might as well save the $200 and put it into more frequent tire replacement.

Plus, you won't risk the rims getting damaged at each removal/remount..

-- mike

2003 G35C 6MT,Leather,Prem

·
Registered
3 Posts
~17,000 miles and i'm on my 3rd set of rear tires. first pair was replaced by infiniti due to suspension problems. 2nd set only last 5k miles.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts