Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get my windows tinted and am wondering what percentage I should get. I wan't it dark but I don't want it so dark that I can't see through them. Anyone have any recomondations?

G35 Coupe|Black Black|Premium
|Navigation

·
Registered
550 Posts
I think 20% is perfect. Not to dark, but not too light either.

2003.5 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite Lthr | AKA TBA
2001 Nissan Frontier | Crew Cab | Supercharged | 4AT | Silver Ice/Graphite Lthr |AKA BULLET

·
Registered
197 Posts
i have 20% but i wish i had gone lower!!![banghead] if u have the navigation system on your car ull realize that 20% still lets other poeple see inside ur car, u can really see everything inside ur car at anight if u use the navi....go lower!!![:p]

thanxs alot guys, any comments or help is greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
welcome, aberisf.

I got 20% on the sides and 35% on the back. It really isn't that dark at all. I actually wish I had gone 35% all around now too, so 20% is probably perfect for you if you want to be able to see in.

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
97 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by aberisf

I want to get my windows tinted and am wondering what percentage I should get. I wan't it dark but I don't want it so dark that I can't see through them. Anyone have any recomondations?

G35 Coupe|Black Black|Premium
|Navigation
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Just get it as dark as you want (well... nothing under 15% haha). The thing is both during daytime and nighttime you'll be able to see out your windows just fine becuase there is ALWAYS more light outside your car than inside (unless, as viczeva said, you have a nav system) Just go with waht looks good...

I'd recommend Lumar brand, becuase they have known to be one of the best (if not THE best) brands for reliability AND they come with a lifetime warranty from fading (as for bubbling up, that should be on the tint dealer's warranty).

Good luck...

[image]http://www.learnlink.emory.edu/~skim7/pictures/sig01.jpg[/image]
2003 DG G35C 6MT

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Do you really need to quadruple the size of every post you make with a massive picture of a car we've all seen before?

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recommend the new ceramic coated tints which outperform the metallic tints and do not give the "ghetto" reflective appearance. They are considerably lighter and offer 50 - 60% UVA UVB reduction and glare elimination[jaw] (depending on the grade of tint).

·
Registered
97 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Do you really need to quadruple the size of every post you make with a massive picture of a car we've all seen before?

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling

Hmmm does that really seem that big to you? If you go to the Bimmer and Supra forums, everyone has sigs that big... check them out... maybe you're on a 56k modem? [dunno]

2003 DG G35C 6MT

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
At the place where I had mine done, the higher the number, the darker the tint. So, with that in mind, the percentage would be the amount blocked.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by aesalazar

Ok, I am a little confused. Is the precentage based on the amount of light passed or blocked?

Thanks

Red/Graphite 6MT G35 Coupe (on Order)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Blocked. Mine is 30%. 30% blocked, 70% passed.

03 Laser Red 6MT | Willow int | No fancy stuff | 30% Tint and 3M Clear Bra

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think kloh and GTO2050 are either slightly confused or maybe its kinda weird where they live...

The legal percentage for the state of Georgia is 32%. The percentage of tint is measured in the amount of light which is permitted INTO the vehicle, therefore 50% would be an extremely light colored film and 05% would be the darkest available.

2003 DG G35C 6MT

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
There's no confusion here. I can't speak for Georgia, but that's the way it's done here in California. There are charts and samples all over the tint place that show the percentages and what they look like.

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

Here Semi, do you like my new sig photo? [lol]

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I hope this is not a new trend we're seeing here... [V]

·
Premium Member
7,718 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

I hope this is not a new trend we're seeing here... [V]

I agree!

2003.5 G35 A5 Sedan | 2003 Z06 Corvette | 2003 S10 Extended cab | 1991 Honda CRXsi

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.