Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, i know CWise has his tinted..i was wondering what type of tinits. I want the Charcol tinits not the black ones that turn purple after a while. I have those on my Civic and man what a pain to take them off...they are double tints ...what a bitch. Anyway Cwise what percentages...and what type of tints...(brand, and charcol, limo, titanium color etc) Thx...

Others welcome to advise as well! [:)]

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
As a corrolary question, my dealership tinted mine before I took delivery (and without my asking...) but I have no details on exactly what was done. Apparently, they're automatically tinting all the coupes at my dealership. If anyone has any info on what Infiniti dealerships do for this, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya tell me about it...hmm...is it dark enough semi?...

I like mine to be dark dark...no one looks inside unless i put down windows...

what the legal percentage for the front doors...20%...?

Cwise...looks very nice..i might put 8% all around...what you guys think? Thanks for tyhe brand name...you assume those are a good brand correct?

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Is it dark enough? I can't really see that well out of the back at night, but you can still see in fine through the windows in the doors, which it doesn't sound like you want. I've driven friends' cars that were so dark I could see very well from anything other than the front windshield at night and I didn't want it that dark.

I don't know enough about tint to really compare it to anything though.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Semi On

I don't know enough about tint to really compare it to anything though.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

LOL Yea, i know what you mean...that similar to what i have...to give you an idea prolly something like the pic next to the6mt.net logo on the forums. I think that would look very nice esp. Dia Graph. But i dunno i am still debating lets just get the car here first..lol...thx tho

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5-8 is great...just can't get the dyed ones like you mention...those are crap man...what did you do...you went to a shop and got them tinted or you bought the tints and then went to the shop...how?

I want to know i am getting the good stuff and not a rip off...

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
172 Posts
how long does dealer tinting last? if the tinit is on the car when you get it, is it better or worse quality than other tint (i know most are equal).

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If i get them from the dealer included won't bother i'll just keep them...

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Tinting question: I was debating with a friend earlier on this...what does say 32% tint on the front mean? Is it (A). 32% of the sunlight rays are allowed in and blocks out 68% or (B). the tint blocks only 32% of the sunlight? or (C) neither? hehe

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe its the percentage of visability...which in turn is the amount of light (rays ) let pass through the tint.

FLaCo = SKiNNy

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah thats what I thought with regards to the percentages...tinting is a MUST here in Texas...gets too damn hot in the summer!

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Cwise is right, it's the total light transmission of the film. Keep in mind that almost all factory car windows have a slight tint already built into the glass.

Cwise, is that glue new? When they tinted my CL they just tinted over the dots [irk] and you can notice them up close. How does it look with the glue?

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
If these dots are what I'm thinking of (upper rear window?) the tint job the dealer did on my rear window looks a little ghetto there. I'll try to grab a photo later.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
The dots are on the top of the rear windsheild, and sometimes along the edges of the side windows. They're very hard to tint over. Sometimes the tint will not stay on at all, and just flap down. My installer did the best he could, but it still isn't perfect. I may try getting it done again with that glue that Cwise is talking about.

6-speed

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
When I had my mustang I had problems a couple times with the tint even sticking to that. The tint place I took my stang too told me it was kevlar and hard to keep it sticking to it...much less fill all the dots to make it look nice...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Cool site. Looks like I could even do the glue method after already tinting... maybe I'll give that a shot, or see if an installer can do that. I was thinking about having it cut where the dot matrix starts and then painting like they say. I was always worried about the mess.

6-speed

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

When I had my mustang I had problems a couple times with the tint even sticking to that. The tint place I took my stang too told me it was kevlar and hard to keep it sticking to it...much less fill all the dots to make it look nice...

'03 G35 Sedan.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

The tint on my girlfriend's mustang looks like ass in the back. I assumed it was just a shitty dealership job, but I'm guessing she had the same problem.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey cheap ass (Gardiner), there is a place in Forsyth were we live that did a fine job on my current ride. It's right next to the Meal House/Nappa.

6-speed
Black Obsidian / Graphite

1 - 20 of 40 Posts