Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my windows tinted a week ago at a very reputable place. I rolled them down for the first time today and then noticed that the bottom edge was peeling up in a few places. I'm bringing it back but was wondering that since our windows move up and down a little when you open and close the door, is this going to keep happening b/c it can't dry correctly with all that movement. They told me it wouldn't happen but yet here it is. Any tips?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tnbooo

I had my windows tinted a week ago at a very reputable place. I rolled them down for the first time today and then noticed that the bottom edge was peeling up in a few places. I'm bringing it back but was wondering that since our windows move up and down a little when you open and close the door, is this going to keep happening b/c it can't dry correctly with all that movement. They told me it wouldn't happen but yet here it is. Any tips?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I would ask them to see if they could tuck in the tint a bit further (make it go lower). That might help, but I'm not sure.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I got a similar problem with my passenger side -- only it's not peeling, it's small bubbles "below" the window drop line. Only been less than a week since I had it done though... and the sun hasn't been shining that much lately. I'm gonna give it another week to fully dry and evaporate, but if the bubbles are still there, I'm having my shop re-do it. Fortunately, the driver side (and all others) are fine.

As for peeling, I don't think waiting is necessary. Have 'em re-do or fix it. How's your driver side?

-Ken

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
24 Posts
The G is my fourth car with the auto sealing on windows and all have them have been tinted. None of them have had a problem with tinting. My only recommendation is to wait 3 full days before rolling down windows after getting it re-tinted. Also, the first time you roll them down, roll them down fully, then roll them up.

Good luck.

6MT Coupe - Diamond Graphite - everything but nav

·
Registered
15 Posts
sup tnbooo, sounds to me like you got a very bad tint job. Where do you live? I'm from NY but drove an hour and a half to this place in Union, NJ only because pretty much ALL the ppl I know who beautiful tint jobs down here recommended that place. I had mine done in about 3 hours. Told me NOT TO ROLL DOWN THE WINDOW FOR AT LEAST 3 DAYS... Followed directions and my tint has been beautiful since then. You sure you ain't roll down your windows within that 3 day period?? One of my other friends who had his done there 6 years ago still doesn't have bubbles or peeling with his tint. There website is tropictint.com. I had to book 2 weeks in advance for a weekday. Hope this helps man.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips. I live in Louisiana and brought it to the best one around my area. They must have just done a crappy job. My passenger has a few bubbles that don't seem to be evaporating and the driver is the one peeling at the bottom. I'm bringing it back. I waited 6 days to roll down the windows and will wait the same next time.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Someone told me that on car with the auto seal, you can take a piece of duct tape and put it over the little button on the door frame to keep the window from moving up/down when opened or closed. This may work - you can test it by pushing the botton in with your finger, you'll see the window go up.

Anyway - even with the slight movement, i don't think it should be a problem - get your $$ back and go somewhere else!!!d

Jarrett
Dessert Platinum
Fully Loaded Automatic

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Where is the place in Union NJ? I live in Northern NJ and am looking for a good place. <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by wil_g35ny

sup tnbooo, sounds to me like you got a very bad tint job. Where do you live? I'm from NY but drove an hour and a half to this place in Union, NJ only because pretty much ALL the ppl I know who beautiful tint jobs down here recommended that place. I had mine done in about 3 hours. Told me NOT TO ROLL DOWN THE WINDOW FOR AT LEAST 3 DAYS... Followed directions and my tint has been beautiful since then. You sure you ain't roll down your windows within that 3 day period?? One of my other friends who had his done there 6 years ago still doesn't have bubbles or peeling with his tint. There website is tropictint.com. I had to book 2 weeks in advance for a weekday. Hope this helps man.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had mine done and was told not to open the windows for three days as well. The small open/close movement when you open the doors did not affect the tint either. I brought this to their attention and they said that small movement shouldn't be a problem. Sounds like they didn't apply the tint far enough below the door panel.

As for water bubbles, I had them and after for weeks, they're almost gone (had a big one on the passenger side). They will dry out over time.

-Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts