Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my coupe a month ago, but still gotta wait until end of June for my car.

How long did you guys have to wait? I could get one in a diff colour but I fell in love with the IP.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Good Choice....Keep looking. You may find one coming in that has no name on it. [cheers]

Almost Here | 2003 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite |

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I might join the IPC fever along with you guys pretty soon... [irk]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know how you feel. It hasn't even been two weeks for me. I still got a couple months to go! Its goin to get really tough when its only a couple days away![bigmouth]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for my 6MT Capri G35. Driving my SVT for the mean time.

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
The wait sucks... I was fortunate and only had to wait 1 month (out of a possible 3). I was also thinking about "settling" for a second choice color at the time, but lucky for me, the exact car I wanted came in.

-Ken

-------
2003 G35C
5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Sometimes considering a second color before you even order your primary is a good idea. You might be more pleased with your second choice after it's in your face. It happened to craig, and he was rewarded with the true beauty of IP! Ay that right creig ol pal?

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler

·
Registered
17 Posts
Woot I have a "Q" order and should be here in June..

[bowdown]2003 G35 Sports Coupe 6MT Leather, Diamond Graphite exterior, willow interior, Premium, Aero, trunk mat.

I hate the wait... [banghead]

"There is a Very Fine Line Between "Hobby and Mental Illness".

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by TC

Woot I have a "Q" order and should be here in June...
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Nice!

XL

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by IP_G35C_Boy

I ordered my coupe a month ago, but still gotta wait until end of June for my car.

How long did you guys have to wait? I could get one in a diff colour but I fell in love with the IP.

Another IP coupe! I'm overwhelmed! [banghead]

XL

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have to say that the break-in period is not as bad as the waiting for the coupe time.

[image]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p7860406275e31a5434843c0b942a0016/fc3a14e1.jpg[/image]

·
Registered
8 Posts
[:D] My first time posting and I need some help fellas.

I test drove the sedan version (since I had that in mind for a while) until i sat in the coupe and changed my mind. I just laid down a deposit of $500 to hold the coupe that is coming on june 25. Black, graphite, 6MT , Premium, Aero . No navigation.

I have not really negotiated the price yet and I am not sure what kind of deals you guys are getting out there but give me some advice on how much to expect to pay and what i can bargain for.

Also help me out on the tinting issue. i want to tint the car and i was wondering if the dealership is either a rip off or any good for that kind of work. and how much to expect to pay.

Will wait for your expertise.

·
Registered
17 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by fbaki

[:D] My first time posting and I need some help fellas.

I have not really negotiated the price yet and I am not sure what kind of deals you guys are getting out there but give me some advice on how much to expect to pay and what i can bargain for.

Also help me out on the tinting issue. i want to tint the car and i was wondering if the dealership is either a rip off or any good for that kind of work. and how much to expect to pay.

Will wait for your expertise.

Price MSRP is what you will most likely pay... I know of no one getting more than a piddly handful off...

Tinting? Check your states laws and then see what you like.. a lot of folks doing the 20% thing... remember the lower the % the darker it is...

"There is a Very Fine Line Between "Hobby and Mental Illness".

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks TC.
I used to have 20% tints on my honda accord and they looked pretty nice. I don't want them too dark and since my car is black anyways any mild tints with a hint of darkness will do.

I realized most people paying MSRP I guess these cars aren't lasting too long in the showrooms. I guess I'll try to get them to throw a couple of small things in with the car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey fbaki, from my experience, dealers talk alot of trash. When I was in the process of waiting for my car, He had called me to tell me that Infiniti had raised the MSRP. The only reason why I had agreed to buy it from him was because he knocked off $500 from MSRP. I had also ordered splash guards which he gave for $50 cheaper. But during the day of the pickup, MSRP went up $200 from my original MSRP (due to changes in the compartment and new arm rest which they added. He kept on saying that I still saved $300. I asked, "What about my splash guards?".. And he claims that there are splash guards there, which aren't like the normal ones that stick out. At that point I knew that this was a dealer that I would never go back to again. So I at least got him to give me free wheel locks and an oil change. I also got theft insurance - So I really saved around $150 I believe. I walked out the door paying around 38K. Just as long as I got something off, I was happy. Hope this helps!

Diamond Graphite | 6MT | no nav, no aero

·
Registered
8 Posts
wil g35
Yeah I know what you're talking about. My buddy up in Canada signed the contract agreeing to a certain price a couple of weeks in advance of receiving the the G35 sedan that he was dying for and the day he went to pick it up they bumped up the price on him and he was furious with the dealer that he gave up on that car and went and bought a used Lexus GS 400. Now he loves his lexus but i still think he would have been happier with the G35. wait till he find out i ordered the coupe [:p]

but i will try my best to get what i can out of them and maybe then can throw in a couple of things for nothing.

any advice on the tinting?

Black/Graphite/Aero/Prem/6MT

·
Registered
29 Posts
fbaki -

I got a great deal on mine. So guy had just bought it put a lousy 2000 miles on it and had to return it for a bigger ride (FX45). I was looking to get the 6MT but ended up making my wife happy (and my checking account) by picking up the 5MT with the Luxury Package / Aero / NAV / for around $36,800 - The funny thing is that my wife did not like the car until she drove it....and the rest is history.

last comment - the only thing I can say is don't wait to make a solid offer and hold on to the keys of the one you want. We had 4 couples looking at little RED G35 while we were negotiating the price. They will come down a couple of hundred, just be consistant.

·
Registered
550 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xzellerate

Sometimes considering a second color before you even order your primary is a good idea. You might be more pleased with your second choice after it's in your face. It happened to craig, and he was rewarded with the true beauty of IP! Ay that right creig ol pal?

XL

Dog Gone It XL..You are 100% Right there ol' pal ol' buddy....Rewarded is the key word .... I almost settled for Red and then I got the Call!!!!!! IP is almost in the dealership[:D]

**UPDATE**
My white beauty is scheduled to arrive in Dade County sometime this afternoon....I have my cameras ready :)

[cheers]

Almost Here | 2003 G35 Coupe | 6MT | Aero | Premium | NAV | Ivory Pearl/Graphite |

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Greig, does it have a spoiler? If I get a coupe, I am not getting it withough a spoiler. It makes the car!

XL

·
Registered
15 Posts
fbaki, I'm definitely going to tint my car. I found this great place in Jersey. I'm not too sure how the tint is going to affect the rear light behind the window. I wonder if it'll really dim that light. Xzellerate - I actually think the coupe looks better without the spoiler. I've gotten mixed opinions on this. But overall the car is a beauty - can't stop staring at it. Problem is, I'm still babying the car - only have 200 miles on it. Never went past 55-60 yet. Does anyone know if one must follow breakin period til 1200? Can it be sooner? [:(!]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts