Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read so many of you guys saying how it's so hard to get your hands on G35 coupes. I've talked to 3 dealerships around the LA, San Diego area and they ALL can get me one NOW. Haha.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That's awesome. Most of the dealers in my area are still working through allocations and customer orders only. So aside from the occassional extra car they get from Infiniti or customer cancellation, there ain't much!

2003 G35 Coupe | 6-speed | Diamond Graphite/Graphite | Sirius

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah Maynard here in the Houston area all 3 Infiniti dealerships have at least 2 or 3 on the lot currently as well. Guess it must be a thing about big cities getting them fast! [:D]

'03 AT Sedan | Twilight Blue | Willow Leather | Premium

·
Registered
427 Posts
Maynard I hear you, I live in San Diego and at two of the dealerships here there are 6-7 coupes, and about 2 of them being 6mt and none of them being sold. Test drove it with my mom and we both fell in love with it. To bad i still have to wait till december when i will have the money. i just wanna cry cuz this guy comes into my work every day with a dark grey 6mt and i just begin to cry [:(]

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Wow... that's very different from 4 months ago. I was in constant contact with about 4 different dealerships (even after I put my order in with one) and none of them had anything. Could be a sign that prices might be dropping soon! But then again, they just might be trying to get you to go to the dealership and make a deal... then give you the bad news later... you know, "the one you wanted just got sold" or "the scheduled deliveries got cancelled or delayed" or "how about this one that has more options than you want for more money?"

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Maynard,

I just read your other post about being "only 19." When you get to the dealerships (if you go that way), make sure they don't take advantage of you because of your age. Let them know you've done your homework -- and know a lot about the cars and your financing options. Don't give them any indication that you might be a first time buyer or are inexperienced. They will likely try to sell you things you don't really want or need -- and finally, be prepared to walk away. Don't let them talk you into anything you're uncomfortable with. From the sound of it, you're more interested in getting a fair deal and good price than you are in getting this car. With that in mind, you might have to consider something else, but it certainly is worth a shot.

good luck.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the great tip kloh! I truly appreciate it. and Fwabs, you sound pretty young. want to introduce yourself?

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
No problem... just lookin' out for my 6mt.net brothers! [cheers]

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
I was just in San Diego on Tuesday and a friend of mine is the GM at Discover Infiniti. He says the coupes with 6MT are still hot, the auto is slowing down a bit and he will make anyone a deal on the 6MT sedan. That's the one nobody wants! The FX35/45 are tearing off the showroom floors.

I don't know if you have driven an FX45 yet but holy cow does that thing move or what?

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
I love that FX45... but I think I might even like the FX35 better. Not sure if the car warrants THAT much power. I read an interesting article in a magazine (can't remember with one? road and track maybe?) comparing the two, and the editors all preferred the 35 over the 45.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by kloh

I love that FX45... but I think I might even like the FX35 better. Not sure if the car warrants THAT much power. I read an interesting article in a magazine (can't remember with one? road and track maybe?) comparing the two, and the editors all preferred the 35 over the 45.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Maybe the $10,000 difference? :dunno:

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by GTO2050

Maybe the $10,000 difference? :dunno:
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

wow... is it THAT much? I never priced them out since I had my heart set on the G.

·
Registered
427 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Maynard

... and Fwabs, you sound pretty young. want to introduce yourself?

Hey Maynard, I'm only 18 and will turn 19 Nov. 15th. And hopefully I will be driving around in a G35 begining of December, just gotta keep making more money. And hey GTO2050 where are u located in San Diego, because I've gone to that same dealership im pretty sure.
-Robert

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Fwabs

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Maynard

... and Fwabs, you sound pretty young. want to introduce yourself?

Hey Maynard, I'm only 18 and will turn 19 Nov. 15th. And hopefully I will be driving around in a G35 begining of December, just gotta keep making more money. And hey GTO2050 where are u located in San Diego, because I've gone to that same dealership im pretty sure.
-Robert
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">Unfortunately, I am FROM San Diego, not living there. :( I was there last week visiting my buddies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts