Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, tomorrow night im heading to the strip with another enthusiast from my350z.com. i am anxious to see what the G will run. with any luck (and skill) i should be in the low to mid 14's. of course a phat 13 ET would be the shizzle. wish me luck......

Doc

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Good luck Doc. Scan us some time slips!

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Yeah goodluck on that Doc...definately post some time slips. I am dying to see what people run at the track in our G's...

'03 G35 Sedan.

·
Registered
85 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Chaz

Yeah goodluck on that Doc...definately post some time slips. I am dying to see what people run at the track in our G's...

'03 G35 Sedan.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

actually, i raced a G35c automatic 2 weeks ago at the local track. best time he got was a 14.89, tho i think he was having some launching issues.

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint, cause I'm broke." - Anonymous

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok guys, here's the story.....so i headed to river city dragstrip in san antonio with a couple of the 350Z guys. let it be known that i dont think i have ever launched a stick with the intentions on actually going fast. burnouts, sure. quick 60' time, you gotta be kidding. so i line up for the first hit. damn i cant keep the tach from going way over 2000 and the tree is counting down. i launch........spin like hell, wheel hop like hell. but no missed shifts
get my ass handed to me by a beat up 1st gen rx-7 that ran a [email protected] 120. 1st run........14.8 @ 97.
ok, im cool. i go back to the parking lot and try to figure where the throttle should be for 2 grand. these drive-by-wire cars are a b!tch. line up again. this time im bracket racing. i dial in a 14.5. i broke out. ran a 14.4 at the same trap. thats better. next run was a couple of hundredths slower. it was getting late so i needed to bounce so i only got 3 runs in. the other 2 Z guys were having trouble launching, but on of them did get a 14.3 @ 98 or so.
all in all, the night was a success. there is a guy @ englishtown that ran a 14.1, so of course i was hoping for that. maybe better. i will be back though.........

Doc

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh and i ll scan some slips when i bring the scanner/printer/fax from the office.........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts